Post a pic of your home espresso setup... - Page 627

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
bawward

#6261: Post by bawward » Sep 10, 2019, 12:35 pm

This is the current state of our espresso bar - nothing permanent yet as we sort through what's missing / broken on the machine.

But everything important seems to be present and functional!

slybarman

#6262: Post by slybarman » Sep 10, 2019, 1:28 pm

Kakamath wrote:My new ECM Synchronica almost plumbed in and drains directly into the sink plumbing. It's gorgeous and makes awesome espresso as well!
Congratulations on the new machine. I would be interested to know/see how it drains into the sink plumbing. I've found a ton of videos about how to connect the supply water, but nobody had really explained how to connect the drain.

DJL

#6263: Post by DJL » Sep 10, 2019, 3:35 pm

Wow, there's some really incredible coffee making hardware here that I can only dream about. You guys are serious espresso drinkers..I've been making espresso drinks at home for a few years now, and very satisfied with lower-cost Italian gear although my recent 2019 Gaggia Classic Pro and Eureka Specialita grinder purchase have upped things a notch. I'm also lucky to have many coffee roasters nearby so unlimited supply of great beans. Perhaps there's an ECM, Rocket or Expobar in my future? For now here's my humble setup:

2019 Gaggia Classic Pro + Eureka Mignon Specialita grinder in chrome.

Denis

#6264: Post by Denis » Sep 11, 2019, 7:26 am

What can be better than one Peppina? Double Peppina!

IamOiman

#6265: Post by IamOiman » Sep 11, 2019, 7:29 am

Now there are two of them? This is getting out of hand! :D
-Ryan
I'll throw my portafilter in the ring
LMWDP #612

JerDGold

#6266: Post by JerDGold » Sep 12, 2019, 4:05 am

Wow, everything sure has changed since 2007!

Coffcarl

#6267: Post by Coffcarl » Sep 13, 2019, 11:41 pm

So here is my new project. $140, was missing the steam wand, had been replaced with some frother thing. The steam knob was missing as was the bottom of the water spout. I have a portafilter on order - this one is from my bezzera,and has offset ears. Replaced a gasket on the flow meter, was leaking, and had to clean out above the e61 solenoid, but other than that seems in perfect condition.

Will have spent under $300 once the portafilter comes in.

I highly recommend Grimac Royal Falcon for parts. They also carry major brand commercial parts, prices are good, and as the importer of this machine, extremely knowlegeable. I spoke to them yesterday, and with $14 ups shipping, the parts arrived in a day!

I went with the original steam wand, which is a non-articulating 1 hole, but I can manage that, as my Bezzera bz99 is similar, and I was not certain what I would need to install an articulating steam arm.

One thing I have discovered already. My Bezzera, well tuned, produces just as good a cup as an e61. Now to tune this one!

Espresso_Junky

#6268: Post by Espresso_Junky » Sep 14, 2019, 8:59 am

DJL wrote:Wow, there's some really incredible coffee making hardware here that I can only dream about. You guys are serious espresso drinkers..I've been making espresso drinks at home for a few years now, and very satisfied with lower-cost Italian gear although my recent 2019 Gaggia Classic Pro and Eureka Specialita grinder purchase have upped things a notch. I'm also lucky to have many coffee roasters nearby so unlimited supply of great beans. Perhaps there's an ECM, Rocket or Expobar in my future? For now here's my humble setup:

2019 Gaggia Classic Pro + Eureka Mignon Specialita grinder in chrome.

Nice setup and trust me that you can be quite serious about espresso regardless of money spent. Your setup is highly capable and should serve you quite well. I've owned/used quite a few setups (home/commercial) and what I currently have keeps me extremely satisfied and didn't cost me that much. Honestly believe it will last my lifetime and that's what counts.

Sam-Mtl

#6269: Post by Sam-Mtl » Sep 14, 2019, 10:25 am

Hi HB, Long time stalker here!
Been pulling for few years now. Started on an entry level pressurised pf Breville, upgraded to Gaggia Classic/MDF duo.
And ended up with that gear... Which i'm pretty happy with... That V slim is a pure joy to use!

Cheers!

Randy G.

#6270: Post by Randy G. » Sep 14, 2019, 1:32 pm

Coffcarl wrote:So here is my new project. $140, was missing the steam wand!..
I just giggle every time I see the sticker, "No user serviceable parts located inside."
Espresso! My Espresso!
http://www.EspressoMyEspresso.com