Post a pic of your home espresso setup... - Page 563

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
IamOiman
Team HB

#5621: Post by IamOiman »

College setup before I headed off abroad in October! It will be updated when I return with an Elektra MCAL and newly purchased Olympus E75 :mrgreen:

Equipment:

Baratza Virtuoso Grinder
Lido E Grinder
Chemex 8 cup
1991 Modded La Pavoni
Electric Bialetti 3 cup
1L French Press
5 Cup Siphon with Yama Burner
Unknown Roommate Keurig

The equipment was primarily purchased by me but two other roommates who drink with me chipped in some. We generally focused on one brew method a day.
-Ryan
Using a spice grinder violates the Geneva Convention
LMWDP #612

tglodjo

#5622: Post by tglodjo »

IamOiman wrote:Unknown Roommate Keurig
Evict! lol

andino

#5623: Post by andino »

IamOiman wrote:Saw your post on reddit and saw it again here! Did you have any plans on upgrading the Breville at some point in the future?
Eventually, I want to upgrade to a LMLM or a GS3 but the BDB is prob going to be around for a good while until I save up funds for one of those. Next upgrade for me will be a Monolith Flat with SSP burrs to really finish off the grinder stable.
LMWDP #635

apoopoo999

#5624: Post by apoopoo999 »

Iberital L'Anna and a cold brew tap

mike01

#5625: Post by mike01 »

I just received a brand new K30 Vario today. :D

ZombiEE

#5626: Post by ZombiEE »

Hi Mike, nice set up... Apparently we are having the same machine..
Hello...

N6GQ

#5627: Post by N6GQ »

I posted this over on the LMWDP threat in the Levers forum, but hey, its a new house for me, a new machine, and a new grinder, so what the heck - I'm pretty happy and proud of my new toys :mrgreen:

Londinium R Spring Lever machine and Kafatek Monolith Flat grinder with SSP burrs.

I thought I was a pretty decent barista before and thought my shots with my Profitec Pro 500/Baratza Vario combination were ok - but OMG - compared to this setup - its a whole different world. In the years that I had the former setup I never came even close to the quality of the shots coming from this lever/titan combo. Night and day! Money well spent and I'm a very happy camper.

They're a pretty cool looking pair, too, if I do say so myself 8) Really, I'm usually a pretty humble guy. :mrgreen:
LMWDP #614

randomorbit

#5628: Post by randomorbit »

Ddebock wrote:Nice upgrades, I have the Expobar as well and one word of warning is to check how much heat your getting off the top of the machine to your cupboard, there doesn't look to be too much head room between your machine and the cupboard.
Heat on the bottom of the cupboard doesn't seem to be a problem, but I don't care for how crowded it looks, and I want to use the cup warmer, so I ordered some 20mm high feet to replace the 50mm feet. That'll basically double my gap from 1.25" to 2.5", and should be just enough room to slide demitasse cups in, and still keep the unused water inlet pipe off the counter.

Heritage1

#5629: Post by Heritage1 »

I recently made some changes to my gear, here are a couple of shots of my new setup.

csepulv

#5630: Post by csepulv »

I think I have a problem...
Chris