Post a pic of your home espresso setup... - Page 438

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Stanic

#4371: Post by Stanic »

redbone wrote:Interesting approach and setup Rastislav.

Except for the kettle you could work without electricity with your current setup.
hmm, somehow the bottom of the picture didn't make it through..edit - can see it well on the phone
thank you, and with the camping gas stove in the cabinet, I can now focus purely on getting some good beans :)
I also have the ceramic roaster Nuvo

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#4372: Post by FotonDrv »

dsc wrote:Thanks :)

Yup it's a PID controller for the boiler pressure done via a pressure transducer mounted on the boiler. One day I'll have to calibrate as currently it's showing 0.1bar below what the built in pressure gauge shows. Not sure which element is closer to the true pressure in the vessel.

T.
I would really love to see a write up on the PID install :D That combined with a thermosiphon valve/temp control would make my L1-p perfect.
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

TomC
Team HB

#4373: Post by TomC »

dsc wrote:Cheers Stephen, I've tried replying to the old grinder thread but it's too old now, so I'll have to start a new one with a few photos and videos.

T.

Should work now. Congrats again.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Calendar

#4374: Post by Calendar »

One way to upgrade to a double boiler setup is to add a second single boiler to your existing single boiler. Two singles make a double!

The Gaggia Classic has PID controlled steam with a Silvia wand - it's my full-time steamer allowing me to not worry about running the La Pavoni at a lower pressure, as that machine is now espresso only.

I just added some wood handles for bling factor, and a 270w grinder rounds out my setup.

andyone

#4375: Post by andyone »

Hi all

I think I got it for now: The Faema Lambro and the M3 by Titus are just a wonderful combo...

Greetings
Andy

dsc

#4376: Post by dsc »

FotonDrv wrote:I would really love to see a write up on the PID install :D That combined with a thermosiphon valve/temp control would make my L1-p perfect.
I'll see how busy I am during the next few weeks and will try and do a write up with a few photos. It really isn't complicated and you can keep the costs down hunting for bits on ebay.

Thanks again for all the kind comments on the grinder :D I'll move away to the correct thread now and let others upload photos of their kit.

T.

leozava
Supporter ♡

#4377: Post by leozava »

andyone wrote:Hi all

I think I got it for now: The Faema Lambro and the M3 by Titus are just a wonderful combo...
<image>

Greetings
Andy
wow, I just bought a lambro lastweek on vacation in italy and I have an m3 at home that is getting sent to frank next month.

how do you like that set up??

andyone

#4378: Post by andyone »

Hi Leonardo
I like it a lot: The simplicity of the Lambro is nice and I get good shot without any fuss. And the customized M3 ist just perfect. So it's a setup you can get stunning espresso even if you don't dive into the details of espressomaking (like my wife :D ). I'm very satisfied!

Andy

febi

#4379: Post by febi »

My daily driver got an upgrade :D

MB

#4380: Post by MB »

andyone wrote:Hi all

<image>

Greetings
Andy
Nice setup. View camera?
LMWDP #472