Post a pic of your home espresso setup... - Page 42

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
zin1953

#411: Post by zin1953 »

Aren't you -- uh -- missing something, Ian? :wink:
A morning without coffee is sleep. -- Anon.

edwa

#412: Post by edwa »

I'm dying to know what the home-made corkscrew is for. Perhaps to open the office Cognac which is where the jigger comes in to play? :mrgreen:

Advertisement
cafeIKE

#413: Post by cafeIKE »

The 'corkscrew' is a custom made "MC4 Schoz Xtraxian Tool"
zin1953 wrote:Aren't you -- uh -- missing something, Ian? :wink:
Marbles?

pauljolly65

#414: Post by pauljolly65 »

Snakes alive, Mary! Not only did you go whole hog, but I remember your post from last year...because of the brilliant fall colors in the yard. I'd never pay enough attention to the shot with those trees just outside. A really lovely setup!

Paul

EspressoObsessed

#415: Post by EspressoObsessed »

I appreciate the warm comments. No need to worry about losing concentration, though. Those trees in their seasonal glory aren't even visible during my coffee drinking hours. And as usual in life they come with a down side--bags and bags of leaves to be gathered every weekend and blisters from raking. I just carried 30 bags of leaves to the curb for morning pickup.

Anybody else ever go to bed thinking about waking up and having their next shot? I do love the morning ritual.

Mary

shadowfax

#416: Post by shadowfax »

OK, so maybe I went a bit overboard...

But I'm looking forward to playing around with it...

I received it today, tested it a bit, and then performed the surgery... took out both microswitches in the doser and added the tape to make it sweep completely. My first impression is that it's huge, but a whole lot less trouble than Vetrano is to move. the height is really nice, too. Anyhow, it took surprisingly long to dial in for me--the steps are dramatically less sensitive, as near as I can tell, than the Super Jolly. And it threw me off at first, because I was expecting it to be at least somewhat similar to my Super Jolly. I think it took about 4 shots to get even close, and that 4th one was a pretty heavy-bodied ristretto--1-1.25 oz. in about 45-50 seconds (!). It was pretty good, but still needs 1-2 more adjustments. I wanted to continue dialing it in, but it was 7PM and I had to leave for Austin for the weekend... Separated from my coffee until Sunday! :evil:
Nicholas Lundgaard

kinkbmxco

#417: Post by kinkbmxco »

Wow Shadowfax I really love your set up, I am jealous.

Advertisement
JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#418: Post by JohnB. »

EspressoObsessed wrote: Anybody else ever go to bed thinking about waking up and having their next shot? I do love the morning ritual.
Mary
Probably most of us! I know I often fall asleep thinking about the new coffees I got in that day & which one I'll brew in the morning.
LMWDP 267

sweaner

#419: Post by sweaner »

Nick, that thing makes the Vetrano look downright small!!
Scott
LMWDP #248

Psyd

#420: Post by Psyd »

EspressoObsessed wrote: I just carried 30 bags of leaves to the curb for morning pickup.
So, it seems that for about half of what you put out for a morning cuppa, you could get something that would pick up, bag, and carry the leaves to the curb, and do the same thing with grass in the summer, and you cold ride it! I think the reason that we all get along so well here is that we are the only ones that understand how we prioritize! ; >
And Nick, it seems to me that you need to trade in the SJ for something a bit more portable, so you can get a small, say, lever machine to take with you when you got to places like Austin. I have two portable kits depending on how much of a nomad I'm planning to be. A Factory 16 and a PeDe for Rock and Corporate trips, and a Silvia and a Rocky for Theatrical tours!
Espresso Sniper
One Shot, One Kill

LMWDP #175