Post a pic of your home espresso setup... - Page 39

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
BobS

#381: Post by BobS »

The DC Mini with the Major and the Max-hybrid -

Bob

zin1953

#382: Post by zin1953 »

Who ever said I didn't believe in overkill???

I had an opportunity to pick up this Mahlkönig KS30 Vario for a relative song. OK, it was more like an aria, but still -- at a substantial savings!

I've moved the Cimbali MaxHybrid to my office, where it gets a healthy workout paired with the Olympia Cafferex, making drinks for me, staff, and clients five days a week. (This means it's "goodbye" to the Nuova Simonelli MCF.)

Only had it for a week, but the Mahlkönig so far is amazing! It's the first doserless grinder I've had (or used) I didn't think was "messy"; it's fast as hell (8g in 1.8 seconds; 14.5g in 3.0); and it's so quiet, I don't wake up my wife or kids! But I'll post a more thorough commentary in a separate thread when I've spent more time with it . . . .

Cheers,
Jason
A morning without coffee is sleep. -- Anon.

Phaelon56

#383: Post by Phaelon56 »

I had a chance to try the doserless Mahlkoenig at the recent Roaster's Guild retreat and really liked it. Sadly... very few of the donated espresso blends in the Espresso Annex that weekend were not to my liking but it is indeed a very fast grinder and also the quietest espresso grinder I've ever come across.

Marshall

#384: Post by Marshall »

zin1953 wrote:Only had it for a week, but the Mahlkönig so far is amazing! It's the first doserless grinder I've had (or used) I didn't think was "messy"; it's fast as hell (8g in 1.8 seconds; 14.5g in 3.0); and it's so quiet, I don't wake up my wife or kids! But I'll post a more thorough commentary in a separate thread when I've spent more time with it . . . .
Yeah, but have you compared it to a Vivaldi II? Oops, sorry, wrong thread. :D
Marshall
Los Angeles

zin1953

#385: Post by zin1953 »

Marshall wrote:Oops, sorry, wrong thread. :D
Occupational hazzard! :wink:
A morning without coffee is sleep. -- Anon.

CoffeeOwl

#386: Post by CoffeeOwl »

Marshall wrote:Yeah, but have you compared it to a Vivaldi II? Oops, sorry, wrong thread. :D
:lol:

What is even more funny... somehow I misremembered Jason to having a GS/3 when I looked at the Elektra pic (but a quick search cleared the fog away)
'a a ha sha sa ma!

LMWDP #199

aindfan

#387: Post by aindfan »

Here are my Ponte Vecchio Lusso and LeLit PL53:

From top left to lower right, approximately, I have:
Glass 4oz cups, paper towels, Ikea glass jar, Thor Tamper, Ponte Vecchio Lusso, 12oz pitcher and thermometer, Ikea shot glass used for weighing beans, scale (for the same purpose), LeLit PL053 grinder, coffee, and a black plastic cup I grind into then stir from there into the basket.

On the cup tray, from left to right: 7oz Ikea latte cup, 6oz Nuova Point cappuccino cup, EspressoParts shot glass, 3 Bodum espresso demitasses, 1 Ikea metal espresso demitasse (in the back row).

I'm glad to finally join this thread. Lots of delicious espresso coming from the setup above. Some tweaking required, but I'm saving those questions for the lever forum.

EDIT: Sorry about the poor lighting in the photo. If I find a way to brighten the room a bit I'll post a new picture.
Dan Fainstein
LMWDP #203
PSA: Have you descaled lately?

Theodore

#388: Post by Theodore »

@ roblumba.
It is a offtopic, but what is the camera you used to take those very good pictures of your setup?
Espresso uber alles.

Theodore

#389: Post by Theodore »

Fr. John wrote:Just a quick shot to join the thread:

<image>
Ooop!What is it this? Is this a Kasumi 24cm?Nice eh?
Espresso uber alles.

Theodore

#390: Post by Theodore »

I feel lonely, seeing that I am the only Reneka Techno owner.
Espresso uber alles.