Post a pic of your home espresso setup... - Page 37

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
703Eric

#361: Post by 703Eric »

The Guts

zin1953

#362: Post by zin1953 »

Very nice!
A morning without coffee is sleep. -- Anon.

Advertisement
mhoy

#363: Post by mhoy »

703Eric wrote:The Guts
Wow, what a clean install, very nice indeed. I see a year of thought has gone into this. I hope my home projects works out as well as yours are looking.

Mark

SylvainMtl

#364: Post by SylvainMtl »

X10 controlled too.

Can you turn on the machine locally or do you need a remote with this module?

I went with an heavy duty intermatic timer personally, I just forgot to check if 20 amp modules were easily available :roll: it's been a while since I've touch x10 products.

703Eric

#365: Post by 703Eric »

Hi Sylvain, The x10 controller is part of a flood and fire safety system that i installed. There is a brain box that is connected to 2 circuit boards, one next to the pump and one under the machine. The box is also hooked up to a 3/8" motorized ball valve and a transmitter. When water touches one of the circuit boards it completes a circuit which shuts the motorized ball valve cutting off the water supply. It also sends a signal to the "box" in between the power outlet and espresso machine shutting the power off. So if the machine starts leaking when I am not home, the water and the power gets shut off instantly. I posted a thread about 8 or 9 months ago asking about flood mitigation but no one ever responded so i thought that I was the only super paranoid guy with a home espresso machine. I will post a new thread within the next few days showing what i came up with, how it works and where to get it.

THANKS FOR ALL THE POSITIVE POSTS, it really make the work and expense worth it.

LaCrema

#366: Post by LaCrema »

My simple setup. ;)

I love this posting, it's amazing to see how many different machines and configurations everybody has, I think it's a great reference tool!

"Outside the box Barista."

chang00

#367: Post by chang00 »

I was able to get plumbing from the laundry behind the wall. Still deciding whether or not to plumb the Anita; it is actually easy to fill the tank with the gooseneck faucet. Or upgrade..... :idea: The 220V circuit is behind the wall, in addition to the new 20A circuit.

Advertisement
shadowfax

#368: Post by shadowfax »

Henry,

where did you get that cabinet on the right... is it a refrigerator unit for the IKEA "Udden" free-standing kitchen series? I am moving to Houston next week, and our first trip after we unload will be to IKEA--We're getting a bed, that exact same sink unit, and I had planned on getting two of the cabinet units (on the left under your sink), but I am intrigued by the idea of the fridge (if that's what it is).
Nicholas Lundgaard

Chert

#369: Post by Chert »

Similar to LMWDP signup shot...
LMWDP #198

joellawry

#370: Post by joellawry »

Ooooooh arty. Nice b/w shot. Do you have one at a higher res. that i could steal as a background?

Thanks,

Joel