Post a pic of your home espresso setup... - Page 181

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
fredfal

Postby fredfal » May 15, 2012, 10:45 pm

Espressotime,

Thank you! I hadn't made the connection to the space program before, but now that you mention it, it definitely fits.

I have always been a NASA fan and do enjoy slipping the surly bonds of Earth. Perhaps there was a subconscious connection that influenced me when making my purchase.

Thanks!
-Fred

hamish5178

Postby hamish5178 » May 16, 2012, 4:06 pm

Just received my Super Jolly E from Prima coffee. Loving the speed and low noise so far!

I had a hell of a time dialing it in, needing almost 12 shots. I've never used a Mazzer before and was therefore unfamiliar about how sensitive the collar-adjustment was.

My miscellaneous shelf, Mazzer included a pretty nice (convex) tamper and tamping stand, yet I didn't get a lid with my mini-hopper. Lame.

jonny

Postby jonny » May 16, 2012, 4:19 pm

Alex, let Prima know. They'll get it sorted out. I love the Super Jolly. The first time using it, it can be difficult to dial in, but I think being new to any brand of grinder would be a similar experience. They are consistent machines, though. I can now set-up an unknown mazzer and get it dialed in with just a couple shots. By the way, what a great view from your espresso station! I wish I could stare at something other than a wall whilst I make coffee!

Espresso_Monkey

Postby Espresso_Monkey » Jun 01, 2012, 12:06 pm

Folks, here is my precious setup. Consists of:
    Domobar Super DB
    Ascaso iMini grinder
    Scales for exact bean dosage :D
    Digital thermometer for frothing

Sorry for poor quality of pic...

Espresso_Monkey

Postby Espresso_Monkey » Jun 01, 2012, 12:07 pm

I just ADORE my Domobar.
Absolutely microfoaming BEAST

Long term goals:
    Place it somewhere prominent to show the world...not tucked away in the corner
    plumb the water in
    plumb the draining

(These are both features that the DB is fitted for...awesomeness...)

Espresso_Monkey

Postby Espresso_Monkey » Jun 01, 2012, 1:01 pm

rlevine wrote:As promised, here's mine. Brand new Alex Duetto II. It's a little cramped right now, but I'm working on moving it to a cart-style setup. Not pictured: the Baratza Vario-W that I'm expecting any day now.

Also not pictured: La Pavoni pre millenium Professional that the Duetto replaced.

-Randy

<image>

Randy, doesn't frying splatter on your precious? We have a kettle in similar proximity and it is always dirty from the fry pan

Carneiro

Postby Carneiro » Jun 03, 2012, 7:27 pm

I'm a member long time and I've never posted here... Now that I have a renovated apartment and a space in the kitchen for me (wife is a saint, of course), here it goes...

Testing this ProM Espresso and using Elektra Semi with pressure profiling from a small board from Korea (PWM, of course, I was lazy to make something with Arduino)... These days I've used the Achille but it seems after some high pressure something is leaking. Not news... And the work in progress:

Actually one Mini Gaggia (yes, have another...), Elektra MCAL and Caravel are working. I plan to add a shelf above the whole counter top (160cm) and it could hold 4-5 machines.

BTW, I got this Faema Velox that I'm restoring and I plan to add it at the right corner, above the sink.

Márcio.

SlowRain

Postby SlowRain » Jun 03, 2012, 11:40 pm

I just realized I've never posted my shrine in here, either:

Espresso shrine--> viewtopic.php?p=256899

jmilliron

Postby jmilliron » Jun 05, 2012, 11:01 pm

Day one of my Quick Mill Anita, Mazzer Mini E setup:

Supper happy with my new gear.

Kitchen island isn't the permanent home. Have a bar/buffet thing on order.

allon

Postby allon » Jun 05, 2012, 11:10 pm

Not for household use?! I'm telling!
LMWDP #331