Plumbing in Izzo Alex II with Flojet

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
kboom1

#1: Post by kboom1 »

Had a quick question, I'm using a flojet bottle pump w/o accumulator tank. Do I have to mount the flojet motor flat or can I mount it with connectors upright?

HB
Admin

#2: Post by HB »

To the best of my knowledge, the Flojet uses a simple diaphragm pump and is unaffected by orientation.
Dan Kehn

kboom1 (original poster)

#3: Post by kboom1 (original poster) »

Thanks for the help.I got it done. During my first 45 min warm up my boiler pressure gauge was all the way at 2 bars but it did have water to the boiler. didnt budge thru my first pull so I ran my steam wand for about 3 min. till it droped to 1.4 bars is this normal for the alex2 ?

HB
Admin

#4: Post by HB »

Assuming you refer to the steam boiler gauge, it's possible that the vacuum breaker stuck. See Can someone please explain false pressure? for details and What is the purpose of a vacuum breaker valve for even more details. Normally the steam boiler gauge reading should be around 1.0 to 1.2 bar.
Dan Kehn

erics
Supporter ★

#5: Post by erics »

. . . is this normal for the alex2 ?
Its nowhere near normal. The Alex is a hot machine - set your pstat such that the maximum boiler pressure reading is 1.00 bar when fully warmed up.

Using a flojet w/o an accumulator is painful and likely makes your brew pressure vary like the wind. Either ditch the flojet or install an accumulator and pressure regulator.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

kboom1 (original poster)

#6: Post by kboom1 (original poster) »

I think the boiler might be over filling also. My steam is very wet,had to empty boiler completly and wait till i heard it refill to get a little dry steam.