Please help with Crossland CC1 pump issue

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
dkny3939

#1: Post by dkny3939 »

My CC1 seems to have some weird issue with the pump.

Machine has a 3-step turn on process. First you switch on power, "setup" will blink on display, hitting the "menu" button at this point will activate the pump. Hit it again, pump turns off and boiler turns on. Everything is fine up to the 2nd step, pump turns on, water comes out as normal, but I can't get it to turn off. Hitting the "menu" button again stops water flow, but pump still on (can hear noise and feel vibration).

If I left the machine alone after switching on power, boiler will come on after 1 minute of idle as normal, but pump will also come up (noise + vibration), but no water is pumped out of the grouphead. The "menu" button which usually stop/start the pump can't get it to stop.

Any experienced anything like this? It seems like the pump is working except it's making noise when it should be off.

dkny3939 (original poster)

#2: Post by dkny3939 (original poster) »

Now I am thinking about it, maybe someone played around with the machine and forgot to close the steam knob all the way. That could have caused the pump to stay on. Didn't occur to me to double check that this morning. I certainly hope this is the case. :!: :!: :!: It would suck to have to ship my machine back to vendor for repair twice in 5 months.

cmin

#3: Post by cmin »

Was that the fix (steam knob)? I usually just switch it on and leave as is and let it do it's thing, sometimes I'll turn it on and hit the menu button till water comes out a in a few seconds and then hit it again to stop and let it do it's thing.

mikek753

#4: Post by mikek753 »

sometimes I have the same.
No, steam is closed.
How will you leave it open and left the machine? :roll:
I just power off machine and on again after 5 sec wait.
No, when machine pump starts and got into this stuck state my menu has no effect.
It happened to me several times.
Yes, at 1st I thought something wrong with me :oops:
but I got it again and again across weeks, and now I read you got the same ...
No, I don't want to ship CC1 for service for this matter to be out of espresso ...
Best Regards.
Mike.

Gig103

#5: Post by Gig103 »

I am having the same problem where the pump stays on after I steam. It's more likely (for me) to happen with a quick blast of steam, like when cleaning the tip out after frothing.

If you turn off the machine while it is in this state, the pump comes on when the machine powers back on because it thinks you are still steaming. But with the physical valve closed no water goes to the thermoblock and it just spits out of the OPV.

BillC told me he thinks it is the microswitch or the collar needs adjustment, but he didn't recommend a DIY fix. I have to send mine into SCG now but I'm delaying because I need my coffee for some early mornings this week.

Gig103

#6: Post by Gig103 »

I just found out from SCG that because of the holidays, it's about a 2-week turnaround on machines, plus the 1 week each way of shipping for me, which is a month. So I've decided to wait to repair it until after the holidays. I opened mine up and on the steam knob inside is a little screw that presses a blade switch to turn off the pump. The switch 'clicks' when I press it but sometimes it doesn't press when the knob is all the way closed. I don't have any plumbing tools so I'm not sure this is something I can tweak or not. Any tips? Would photos (tonight) help?