Owner experience with Bezzera Strega - Page 133

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
another_jim
Team HB

#1321: Post by another_jim »

I've seen this on several machines I've owned. It's the connectors corroding and arcing, it melts the insulation. Not a serious problem, since the effect reduces the overall power, so no further damage is done. Often, just cleaning and reseating the connectors will work; but the best is to get a crimping tools, wires, and connectors, and replace the scorched parts and their wiring.
Jim Schulman

Stephane_Paris

#1322: Post by Stephane_Paris »

Hi, i'll have to change the seal of the group soon, does Cafelat silicone group gaskets are compatible ?

I don't know if it's there gaskets who are more easy to insert or the technique used but here they look far more easy to place

compare to here

Thank's
LMWDP #588.

La Marzocco · Home: customized for espresso aficionados
Sponsored by La Marzocco · Home
baldheadracing
Supporter ♡

#1323: Post by baldheadracing »

Edit: The old red Cafelat "modern lever group" gaskets fit, these are still available as Robot seals. I do not know if the current blue "modern lever group" gaskets will fit. including the new bigger blue ones - as does Cafelat's IMS shower screen for lever groups and their E61 8mm silicone group gasket (red).

It is much easier to get the head back into the group with the silicone piston gaskets. The silicone group gasket is good as it doesn't get hard with age like rubber. I am not so sure that the shower screen offers a difference in the cup, but it looks nice.

Stephane_Paris

#1324: Post by Stephane_Paris »

Great, i just place a order for the Cafelat Kit and ask him to send me a Red portafilter gasket rather then blue one ;)
LMWDP #588.

baldheadracing
Supporter ♡

#1325: Post by baldheadracing » replying to Stephane_Paris »

Ugh. I am sorry, I just double-checked and I have the previous-gen red piston seals installed. These are still available as seals for the Robot. Thus, I don't know if the new current blue ones will fit.

If this message gets to you too late and you get the blue ones and they don't fit, then I can trade you your new blue for a set of new red seals. (I can use the new blue seals on another machine.)

Stephane_Paris

#1326: Post by Stephane_Paris »

Well i asked on e-mail just after the order if he can check if everything on my order is compatible with the Strega, i live in France, that will be complicate for the trade you talk..
LMWDP #588.

baldheadracing
Supporter ♡

#1327: Post by baldheadracing » replying to Stephane_Paris »

As the group was apart, I just measured my Strega's cylinder bore as 50.8mm diameter. I also just pulled apart a modern lever group (VA Athena) and it is 51.2mm in diameter. Hard to say if the new blue piston seals will work, unfortunately.

Espresso Vision: the perfect cup of coffee starts with understanding your roast
Sponsored by Espresso Vision
Stephane_Paris

#1328: Post by Stephane_Paris »

I asked on lever section forum to try to have a second advice to be sure, anyway Thank you to take time to reply :-)
LMWDP #588.

CyrusDrMatt

#1329: Post by CyrusDrMatt »

Hello all,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but anyways would appreciate your response.
I have been looking to purchase my first lever espresso machine and I guess I like to get Bezzera Strega soon. Does anyone know where should I buy this machine? I mean in terms of credibility, customer service etc.
Also in case needed, are the parts available to purchase in USA? I am located in NYC by the way. Thanks for your advice.

pbnelson

#1330: Post by pbnelson »

Five years ago I got mine delivered from 1st-Line Equipment in New Jersey. And I've ordered parts from them over the years, many times, always with good success. They are only about 1.5 hours from Manhattan, so you can save a lot of money on shipping and get down there in person, you lucky fellow.

https://www.1st-line.com/visit-us/