Owner experience with Bezzera Strega - Page 130

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
another_jim
Team HB

#1291: Post by another_jim »

It just means the puck has dried. Coarser grind, or freer flowing coffee, or a freer flowing basket.
Jim Schulman

Stephane_Paris

#1292: Post by Stephane_Paris »

Hi, i ear for the second time today a sound like a drop of water falling on something Hot who then evaporate, i'll try to open just the top today but some may have that here ? what can it be ?.. i'am off guaranty now..
LMWDP #588.

Advertisement
DanoM

#1293: Post by DanoM replying to Stephane_Paris »

My first guess would be to look at the vacuum relief valve. Secondary to that anything coming off of the boiler. If you hear sizzle & it evaporates you might see residue marks.
LMWDP #445

Stephane_Paris

#1294: Post by Stephane_Paris »

Just open the top and i think i found the leak, look the pics, how to fix that ? hope there is nothing electric below that piece..

I can use my Strega until i fix that ? :oops:

LMWDP #588.

another_jim
Team HB

#1295: Post by another_jim »

It's the vacuum breaker. It's normal for it to spit some water during warm up. If it's spitting water all the time; take a knife and press in the button for a second with the flat of the blade. This will vent steam and clean out any gunk. That usually fixes it. If not, you have to screw it off and clean it by hand.
Jim Schulman

Stephane_Paris

#1296: Post by Stephane_Paris »

For now it's just time to time so i won't touch anything, if one day that happen more i'll try what you said :wink:

Thank's Jim !
LMWDP #588.

Deeneee

#1297: Post by Deeneee »

Hello all, I have been a proud owner of the Strega for 3 yrs now and have had some wonderful moments with her. Recently I've availed myself of another beautiful mistress, the Bianca. I will need to set Strega aside for a little while so I can enjoy the Bianca. Are there any suggestions for a possible long term storage of the Strega? Is it injurious to her health in any way? Should I drain the boiler? Do anything else to her? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Advertisement
another_jim
Team HB

#1298: Post by another_jim »

Welcome to the club. Draining the boiler and emptying the tank is about it. If you store it above freezing, even that is unnecessary (it's spent the last three years with a full tank and boiler after all). Just remember to flush everything when you put it back in service.
Jim Schulman

Deeneee

#1299: Post by Deeneee »

Apologies for late reply. Just returned from the land where espresso was born. And may I say, espresso in Italy varied from terrible to fantastic, which surprised me.

Thanks Jim. Much appreciated.

kidloco

#1300: Post by kidloco »

Maybe this is the right place to ask maybe it is not, don't know...but. I have a dilemma and I am guessing it is common nowadays. I was all set to get a Strega, and then I saw Lelit PL162T and now I do not know anything anymore. I read the tests, Jim's comparison of tastes... all in my head :mrgreen:

I live in Singapore. The price difference is around 730 USD, being Lelit more expensive of course. Is it worth the money I do not know? I do not have extra money to just throw around. Lelit looks beautiful, I like all the precision and data (temperature and pressure wise), but it is expensive...Strega again can do all the similar things the same if not slightly better...I guess the questions for owners of Strega is if someone gave you a choice today: would you change your mind?