Owner experience with Bezzera Strega - Page 127

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Marcje

#1261: Post by Marcje »

Deeneee wrote:Hi marcje,
Thanks for your reply.
I am admittedly unversed in the mechanical subtleties of the strega (which is also why I sought a simpler solution to disabling the pump) and I may be missing the picture but, im unsure what you mean by the water continuously running to the group head. With the micro switch wire disconnected Water flow out and into the portafilter occurs only once the lever is pulled and is contained (in the grouphead or otherwise) when the lever is at rest. When lever is pulled, water flows at line pressure, without the micro switch opening a magnetic valve.
Am I missing something?
Apologies, I'm quite new to this.
You are right, now that I read it back I see I phrased it incorrectly; the water does not continually run to the group head, but there is a continuous water (line) pressure on it.
Indeed, when you pull the lever then, the water will flow into the chamber.
Keep in mind that this line pressure is 3bar (where I live) and you have to ask yourself if you want to have that continuous pressure on your system without some sort of a safety. It's perhaps a small risk, but if a line breaks then the water will flow freely and flood you kitchen. Also, I do not know if the group seals were like a continuous 3bar pressure 'from the backside'? A magnetic valve reduces that risk and I would always opt for it. You can buy kits for this and installation is not that difficult.
In addition to this kit, I also installed a toggle switch and a LED, so I can switch between line pressure only, or pump assisted shots. The latter I never use though :wink:

Marcje

#1262: Post by Marcje »

cafemolino wrote:Since we did not make any whole in our natural stone (kitchen) we use it with thank. But I thought the advantage of the Top is to use it as AL S version machine without any pump. Did someone ask Bezzera directly? They reply very quickly.
My Strega is plumbed, but I also do not have a hole in the kitchen counter. I have a whole in the wall behind the machine through which the water supply and drain lines are guided. The connections are out of sight below the counter. Perhaps that is an option?
Filling a tank is not so cumbersome, but emptying the drip tray really bothered me (in hindsight) and now I can flush and clean as much as I want, without ever having to empty the drip tray. That's what I like most and I don't think I will ever to go back to a non plumbed machine.

espressotime

#1263: Post by espressotime »

That slamming of the lever on the grouphead? :shock:

Marcje

#1264: Post by Marcje replying to espressotime »

With the small bounce of the camera I think it looks a bit more dramatic than it is.
And as you know, I run it with only one spring now (vs the standard 2 springs), so this one requires less force (slam) to operate than a standard one :wink:

Stephane_Paris

#1265: Post by Stephane_Paris »

Hi, look like since 2 weeks i have to grind corser to avoid channeling i talked Here it's same bean, same dose the only thing that change is the temp (colder) on my home, this may be a novice question but does we have to grind corser when temp get more cold ? i use bottomless only since fews months and changed too often bean in the past so i may didn't noticed that...

Thanks
LMWDP #588.

Deeneee

#1266: Post by Deeneee »

Marcje,
Thanks for the replies and for the video. Great setup!

Stephane_Paris

#1267: Post by Stephane_Paris »

Hi, trying to resolve the false warning safety shut off problem (changing screw and and add some lube worked only for a time) so i just bought alligator clamps and do what you suggested here, but that don't work.. i just try with empty tank and the led orange led don't get On..

This is a pics of what i've do

I'am doing something wrong ?..

Thank's ;)
LMWDP #588.

kolu

#1268: Post by kolu »

wrong side?

yea, definitely, the yellow wire is connected on the left side (when looking like barista at it)...

another_jim
Team HB

#1269: Post by another_jim »

Pull out the tank. Do you see two screws, one on each side of the tank? There are two tabs inside the machine, one to touch each screw. Connect these two tabs with the alligator clips. This will defeat the safety circuit
Jim Schulman

Stephane_Paris

#1270: Post by Stephane_Paris »

To be sure i stop with this problem i connected like Jim said, that work ;)

Thank's Both of you for you fast reply :)
LMWDP #588.