Owner experience with Bezzera Strega - Page 124

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Flitzgordon

#1231: Post by Flitzgordon »

Stephane_Paris

#1232: Post by Stephane_Paris »

Just curious, to replace this seal you had to remove the spring ?

I've read here that for some lever machine (don't remember if Strega too) you need a kind of tool to remove and place again the spring,

Thx ;)
LMWDP #588.

DanoM

#1233: Post by DanoM replying to Stephane_Paris »

There is no need to "remove the spring", or use any special tool. You will need a 3mm allen wrench to remove the bolts.
Here is a great pictorial on how to pull the group piston for service:
Another Bezzera Strega Lever Lube Job!
LMWDP #445

Stephane_Paris

#1234: Post by Stephane_Paris »

Great ! , when we may have to remove the spring so ? i remenber saw something like that once..

Thanks
LMWDP #588.

DanoM

#1235: Post by DanoM replying to Stephane_Paris »

You should never have a need to remove the spring. Sometimes on decades-old machines people change it out. Occasionally, someone changes out the springs to a lower or higher pressure one, but this isn't something most of us will ever attempt. Your machine should be fine for a couple of decades before anything requiring a spring removal happens.

Relax and enjoy the espresso! I'm pulling shots on my Strega right now! :wink:
LMWDP #445

cafemolino

#1236: Post by cafemolino »

Stephane_Paris wrote:Just curious, to replace this seal you had to remove the spring ?

I've read here that for some lever machine (don't remember if Strega too) you need a kind of tool to remove and place again the spring,

Thx ;)
Hi read no 24
Bezzera Strega piston seal replacement

Andrea of Bezzera say 's need years....

Stephane_Paris

#1237: Post by Stephane_Paris »

Perfect !

Just taste one of the best espresso i ever tasted this morning ! this machine don't stop to surprise me !!

I don't know if it's corect to say that (as many say the opposite) but i feel the shot get event better with bottomless portafilter..

Or it's because they may have some rest of coffee between basket and spout ( i clean it on hot water after each coffee and clean with Pully coffee once a 2 weeks) , or the fact that i have put something below the cup to have it at the right distance to the portafilter... :)
LMWDP #588.

chriscaffeine

#1238: Post by chriscaffeine »

Hi folks, proud owner of a new Strega. Now I am looking into toys that I could play with. Any suggestions on a good bottomless portafilter? For cortado, should I be looking at 150 or 200ml milk pitchers? Most of them comes with 350ml which is too big.

deed

#1239: Post by deed replying to chriscaffeine »

congrats on your purchase.

the strega takes use of a slightly different thickness on the locking tab (i am not sure if that's the right technical term) on its portafilter so your best and easiest bet is to get their bottomless one. I believe some members have used an hole saw to cut the single spouted portafilter into a bottomless.

Stephane_Paris

#1240: Post by Stephane_Paris »

You alss have to Bezzera bottomless portafilter, i use it and he's perfect ;)
LMWDP #588.