Oscar boiler won't fill - Page 4

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
erics
Supporter ★

#31: Post by erics »

When you remove the main plastic water reservoir, you should see what I have termed a "baby" reservoir which holds ABOUT a 1/4 cup of water. This small reservoir has a wire connected to it and a center probe which happens to be grounded to the machine's chassis OR has a wire connected to it underneath which leads to the chassis ground.

Is the above true? If so, take a pic.

The single wire which leads to the small reservoir and goes back to the control box forms a circuit "to ground" when the small reservoir is filled with reasonably conductive water. By grounding this single wire, you are fooling the machine into believing that all is well. Assuming there are no bad relays in the control box, the machine should initiate an autofill. If it does not, then your control box still has a faulty relay or some other problem and it is time to mail it to JPBoyt.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

kmacmillan (original poster)

#32: Post by kmacmillan (original poster) »

Thanks again for all the help. Nothing happens when I ground the wire you described. I changed what I thought was the faulty relay by taking in the GICAR box and a new relay to an electronics store and having them change it out. Unfortunately that was costly and I can't buy more parts for the box and keep guessing what's wrong with it. I'm going to just break down and buy a new GICAR box and cross my fingers that that will solve all my problems.

JPBoyt never responded to the PM I sent him nearly a month ago, so I gave up on that route.

Advertisement
plindy

#33: Post by plindy »

There are two wires that go to the baby reservoir: connect the two together to complete the [there's water in the reservoir circuit]. A ball point pen, metal pocket clip would connect the two female connectors.

Still nojoy, here a good price

gluck
pete

jpboyt

#34: Post by jpboyt »

Sorry for not replying to the IM. I posted a couple of times with my thoughts. Not sure what more I can offer unless you want me to repair the box. I did IM you with my mailing info. Real life intrusions.
jpboyt