One week with the La Marzocco GS3 - Page 12

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Ken Fox

#111: Post by Ken Fox »

Marshall wrote:Ken, I hope you heard the sound of bitten tongues all over the Internet when you wrote that. :D

This GS3 obsessing is like what you do when you order a hot car that won't be delivered for several months. All you can do until then is fantasize about how much fun it will be to drive.
A week after you spend your next car's downpayment, you will be rewarded with . . . . . a cup of espresso.

ken
What, me worry?

Alfred E. Neuman, 1955

Marshall

#112: Post by Marshall replying to Ken Fox »

This will be a huge bargain compared to my old senior partner's first $250,000 swordfish steak.
Marshall
Los Angeles

Ken Fox

#113: Post by Ken Fox replying to Marshall »

This is more or less what we say about Sun Valley Ski Resort Season passes; the first run costs $1900, and the rest of the season is free.

ken :roll:
What, me worry?

Alfred E. Neuman, 1955

jrtatl

#114: Post by jrtatl »

Nick wrote:Dan, my point was that the SERBC is not gonna be in Atlanta anymore. It will be back at Playmakers Repertory Theatre on the UNC campus.
Well, that blows for me. I was lookin' forward to having this competition down in my neck of the woods. Well, a cousin of mine just moved to NC. Maybe September will be a good time to go visit her.......
Jeremy

another_jim
Team HB

#115: Post by another_jim »

Ken Fox wrote:Have fun in Chicago; hope you brought along a melita cone, given this recent picture of Jim's Isomac:
The Tea will return from its near fatal accident (pump failed during a boiler refill, taking the heater with it) in quite a Nietschean, 6 million dollar man, fashion, bearing a whole load of over the top prosthetics. Will it content to sit on the counter, or will it try to take over the world? Of course, I need to take a plumbing course first :roll:
Jim Schulman

HB (original poster)
Admin

#116: Post by HB (original poster) »

Nick wrote:Dan, my point was that the SERBC is not gonna be in Atlanta anymore. It will be back at Playmakers Repertory Theatre on the UNC campus.
Thanks for the clarification. I can't complain about the convenience of the location (20 minutes from my house), but I was starting to look forward to crashing Bob's place in Atlanta. Oh well, maybe I can convince him and Abe to come to North Carolina for the competition.
On a different note, what's wrong with using the automatic buttons on the GS/3? Other than it doesn't "look hardcore?"
I'm fine with their function, it's their equi-sized layout that disappoints my product design sensibilities. It could be worse; I have this cheap portable TV with an 80 button remote (8x10). Each tiny button has exactly the same size and spacing. It's easier to walk up to the set than try to find the remote's change channel buttons.

Of course, this is nitpicking on the grandest scale, but I would argue it's worth noting given the GS3's premium price tag. I don't expect these oversights will cost them any sales.
Dan Kehn

HB (original poster)
Admin

#117: Post by HB (original poster) »

Follow-on discussion split to Internals of the La Marzocco GS3.
Dan Kehn