Nuova Simonelli Oscar II impressions

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
sprin001

Postby sprin001 » Jan 25, 2018, 10:34 pm

Hi All,
Updating on my experience of about 3 weeks with an Oscar ii. Previously owned a gaggia classic and Rocket R58. Using ceado e5 and nuova simonelli mdx for grinders. I really enjoy the simplicity of this machine. Coming from the rocket r58, I like the faster warm-up times and the steam is stronger and able to steam for longer. The vibratory pump offers a gentle rise to pressure and I'm pulling better flavored shots than I did with the r58. I think the dispersion of water on the coffee puck is more even with the Oscar ( I can imagine many will think that's bizarre, just my 0.02).

Some drawbacks are it is quite loud. I will install an OPV but it's not mandatory for good shots. I wish NS offered more items like Rocket does.

Overall, I'm very impressed with the coffee that I've been able to produce. I like the approach of quick flush and pull as this has been my first heat exchanger. I'd really enjoy connecting with other Oscar owners to see what you've done or tips you have to improve upon this solid platform.