No More Guesswork! Naked Truth of E61 Temperature Revealed - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Spresso_Bean

#11: Post by Spresso_Bean »

I'll be selling it since I now use my Elektra T1 daily.
I sent you a PM about the thermocouple/adaptor.
LMWDP #200

ciaocaffe

#12: Post by ciaocaffe »

Ok Eric.

mhoy, thanks for the pic.

While studying the pic, a question arose.

That looks different from Eric's. It looks like a standard compression fitting without threads, but then a M6, 1mm screw that has been bored out of course, and then inserted and anchored in place into the compression fitting.
IOW's, it looks like two separate pieces, a compression fitting and a M6, 1mm screw.

Mark, can you look up in and see if it is indeed two separate items, (i.e. if it is indeed a separate screw anchored into the compression fitting)?
That might be an option for a rig.
Just order a $6 brass or $15 SS OmegaLok, non threaded and anchor in (by brazing or JB Weld) a bored out screw.

Thanks.

Advertisement
mhoy

#13: Post by mhoy »

ciaocaffe wrote: That looks different from Eric's. It looks like a standard compression fitting without threads, but then a M6, 1mm screw that has been bored out of course, and then inserted and anchored in place into the compression fitting.
IOW's, it looks like two separate pieces, a compression fitting and a M6, 1mm screw.

Mark, can you look up in and see if it is indeed two separate items, (i.e. if it is indeed a separate screw anchored into the compression fitting)?
They are two separate Swaglok brass pieces (with the tiniest writing I've had to read in a while).

The Omega part is a T thermocouple with an very hard to read serial number that is close but probably not: P06C?5?T4EZ with the ? being a 3 or 8 or ??

Mark

erics
Supporter ★

#14: Post by erics »

The picture that Mark shows is my original 1/16" brass adaptor (SSS-02) with an Omega TTSS-116G-2.125 thermocouple.

Subsequent adaptors had their external dimensions modified to enable proper fitment into Vibiemme machines. 1/16" adaptors for E-61 machines are no longer stocked as the 1/8" adaptors provide identical performance (theoretically they shouldn't) and allow me to offer ONE adaptor for both thermocouples and the digital thermometer.

All repair parts for the 1/16" adaptors are stocked and the particular one that Mark pictures needs a new copper washer and a set of ferrules.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

ciaocaffe

#15: Post by ciaocaffe »

Thanks Eric for all the clarification of this stuff.

Can get confusing at times.

Just one quick ? Re your last reply:

Ok, so I gather 1/8" diameter digital thermometers are quite the norm out there, yes?

And that we can find 1/8" diameter thermocouple probes quite ok as well?

If so, yes, I could see that as the best of both worlds.
I would shoot first for a meter and TC, but if it didn't work out, it'd be nice to go to a digital thermometer at the fiting (like the other kit you sell and what CC sells) without having to get a new adapter or without drilling it out like would need be with a 1/16" fitting.

So is all that correct?

Just one more thing, I searched the net some; do you know of another source for TC's other than Omega?

Thanks again.

erics
Supporter ★

#16: Post by erics »

Ok, so I gather 1/8" diameter digital thermometers are quite the norm out there, yes?
No digital thermometer that I am aware of is available with a diamter of 1/8" and I have done the search. All of this info is described in further detail on my crude FTP site: http://users.rcn.com/erics/. The probe on my digital thermometer is custom manufactured for me.

1/8" diameter thermocouples are available from any number of sources, Omega being just one. A "google" search using the keyword "thermocouples" would be your best bet for alternative suppliers but Omega seems to offer the best combination of desired traits.
Skål,

Eric S.

ciaocaffe

#17: Post by ciaocaffe »

Ah, ok, I finally get it! :mrgreen:

I missed the part about your 1/8" digital thermometers being specially made for you.

Well, I see you only have in stock the 1/8", so not much of a choice anyway.

Most likely would stick with TC and meter setup so that's fine.

Thanks.

Advertisement
mhoy

#18: Post by mhoy »

erics wrote:The picture that Mark shows is my original 1/16" brass adaptor (SSS-02) with an Omega TTSS-116G-2.125 thermocouple.

Subsequent adaptors had their external dimensions modified to enable proper fitment into Vibiemme machines. 1/16" adaptors for E-61 machines are no longer stocked as the 1/8" adaptors provide identical performance (theoretically they shouldn't) and allow me to offer ONE adaptor for both thermocouples and the digital thermometer.

All repair parts for the 1/16" adaptors are stocked and the particular one that Mark pictures needs a new copper washer and a set of ferrules.
Thanks for the help Eric, as always you're a huge source of information. It's surprising the thermal lag of the 1/8" probe matches that of the 1/16" probe. Sure glad the HB gang have created a trail the rest of us can follow.

Mark.

erics
Supporter ★

#19: Post by erics »

A thermocouple response test is shown below:
Skål,

Eric S.

cafeIKE

#20: Post by cafeIKE »

Omega has links to graphs for Air & Water Thermocouple Time Constants on their most informative Thermocouples page.