New Olympia Cremina/Maximatic without automatic shut-off

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Zubara

#1: Post by Zubara »

The new models of Olympia machines have now a simple 60-minute timer inside the switch itself: it automatically "clicks" off after being on for 60 minutes. The appropriate EU directive specifies that coffee machines with a cup warmer need to turn off after 60 minutes of user inactivity.

The EU directive only specifies that machines need to leave the factory configured this way; end users are allowed to change it. I read that there is a non-timer switch available as a spare part, and easy to swap in.

Have anyone done this swap and does anybody know what switch it is? I can't find it. The old switch (without timer) has other dimensions and has 4 instead of 3 connectors and therefore doesn't fit.

I would be happy about your help.

sonnylowe

#2: Post by sonnylowe »

If I recall correctly, the US version of the Cremina/Max does not have the safety timer. If that is the case, and that feature is integrated into the switch, this is the replacement switch Cerini sells in the US.

100252 - Olympia Green Rocker Switch

https://www.cerinicoffee.com/collection ... ker-switch

Edit: I was just looking at the Olympia site, I forgot the about the Red panel switch (I referenced the main switch)...is that one that has the timer control in it?
LMWDP #597

Zubara (original poster)

#3: Post by Zubara (original poster) »

This is the old switch without timer:

This is the new switch with timer for which I am looking for a replacement without an automatic shut-off:

Zubara (original poster)

#4: Post by Zubara (original poster) »

sonnylowe wrote:If I recall correctly, the US version of the Cremina/Max does not have the safety timer. If that is the case, and that feature is integrated into the switch, this is the replacement switch Cerini sells in the US.

100252 - Olympia Green Rocker Switch

https://www.cerinicoffee.com/collection ... ker-switch

Edit: I was just looking at the Olympia site, I forgot the about the Red panel switch (I referenced the main switch)...is that one that has the timer control in it?
The green switch from Cerini is for the older models. It doesn't fit because its too small and it has 4 instead of 3 connectors.