New La Marzocco Linea Micra Flashing Lights

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Newbean2688

#1: Post by Newbean2688 »

Hello - just got the La Marzocco Linea Micra and after going through setup the red and blue lights alternate rapidly flashing. I have filled the reservoir with bottled Crystal Geyser from Olancha, the reservoir is attached, etc.

Have tried troubleshooting a few ways and read everything online i could find, but nothing seems to work. thanks so much!

Jaroslav

#2: Post by Jaroslav »

As far as I know, this happens when the board isn't correctly set to the correct voltage.

These two have to be down for 240V and up (in the On position) for 110V. If set to incorrect voltage, blue and red lights will flash rapidly. This is my Mini's board, but I'd expect it to be the same thing on Micra's.

Jaroslav

Newbean2688 (original poster)

#3: Post by Newbean2688 (original poster) »

Thanks so much for the prompt reply! I'm not sure - how would I go about checking? Looks like on side panel 120 bolts Micro US model

Jaroslav

#4: Post by Jaroslav »

You may have to take the top off and have a look at the board.

This is what you're looking for:

Jaroslav

#5: Post by Newbean2688 (original poster) »

Thanks again -- yikes. This looks quite a bit beyond my level so will likely need to contact support. Any other hypotheses for why this can happen? If helpful, when starting it up and filling the reservoir the first time, I'm not sure I
A). Let it fill completely (accidentally had the paddle on on starting up - then turned it off then back on again)
B). Maybe had slightly too soft water in the first time. After this I tested the water and it was likely a LITTLE soft (Brita + SF tap)

Initially the red light was off, it just didn't identify water. I emptied the reservoir, added the new approved water, and now I'm getting the flashing lights of doom.

Jaroslav

#6: Post by Jaroslav »

I'm not sure if it can be anything else to be honest. I had to replace the board on my Mini and exactly this happened when I replaced it, it was set to incorrect voltage. I had to set it to 240V in my case, that worked.
Jaroslav

#7: Post by Newbean2688 (original poster) »

Thanks again - any YouTube videos that show how to take off the top and do this?

Fitz454

#8: Post by Fitz454 »

Jake is the only person I know of who has gotten far inside the Micra. You could PM him. Some here have plumbed and may also know.

Looking at the wiring in his flow-profiling mod thread, all wiring goes to the back of the Micra by the pump. If it is there, the wrap-around shell would need to be removed. From looking at mine, the four flathead screws on the top of the front panel at a minimum, would need to be removed. The top front cover over the knob/paddle also needs to be removed to remove the cup warmer tray. You may need to remove the screws below the gauges also based on below drawings. Good luck; hope this helps! Edit: Somewhere on H-B is a link to these parts drawings. Maybe the review blog.

Fitz454

#9: Post by Fitz454 »

Just found this on first page of H-B blog. Also talks about wrap-around panel removal.

ira
Team HB

#10: Post by ira »

You have to take off the 4 upper screws on the front panel, the cover over the group, the cup warmer panel, one or two pieces under the cup warmer and then one nut or screw that's centered under the group cover. Then the cover will come off. But, even when it's loose, it's held on by some rather strong magnets. I'm handy so I'm usually willing to just jump in. The 3 things that got me were you only need to remove the upper 4 screws, 2 on each side from the front panel, that one center screw/nut under the group cover and the magnets, the rest was pretty clear. Remember which screws go where and take pictures. There might be something else, It's been a few weeks since I took it apart, but that's what I remember.