New Dalla Corte Mini 2019 (?)

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Peter_SVK

#1: Post by Peter_SVK »

New DC Mini prototype was introduced in DC Partners Meeting on Sep 27, 2018 at Orta San Giulio.

I've heard somewhere, that it still use 54mm portafilter, but rotary pump (!) and manual flow profiling (!).
Does anybody know more details?

YarivK

#2: Post by YarivK »

Can't see how you could do manual flow profiling with the two levers we see. Maybe it's like the xt where, if I understand correctly, you can set a fixed flow rate.

Peter_SVK (original poster)

#3: Post by Peter_SVK (original poster) »

Hmmm ... easily (?). The left lever is for steam valve control (upper position fully closed, lower position fully open). The right lever is for flow control, upper position zero flow (needle valve closed, pump stopped), lower position maximal flow (needle valve opened, pump running) - or vice versa - proportional flow for lever position in between (pump running), so you can control the flow during extraction by moving the lever. Like manual flow control in Lelit Bianca. Just a thought ...

YarivK

#4: Post by YarivK »

Maybe, we'll have to wait and see.

HoldTheOnions

#5: Post by HoldTheOnions »

I know, but you have 1 cup, star, 2 cups, then 1 cup again. Why would you ever have 1 cup again? It's madness I tell you.

HH

#6: Post by HH »

Wow. I kind of liked the look of the old DCM, but I think this looks awful! I'm sure it makes excellent coffee, but there are strong contenders at the mid to high end... how much is the RRP?

#7: Post by Peter_SVK (original poster) »

HoldTheOnions wrote:I know, but you have 1 cup, star, 2 cups, then 1 cup again. Why would you ever have 1 cup again? It's madness I tell you.
This is a prototype, and those symbols are LED controls. The most likely some buttons are still missing or hidden. Btw, the lower symbol is not a cup, IMHO.

#8: Post by Peter_SVK (original poster) »

HH wrote:Wow. I kind of liked the look of the old DCM, but I think this looks awful! I'm sure it makes excellent coffee, but there are strong contenders at the mid to high end... how much is the RRP?
Yes, they are, but I think neither is so compact (small footprint) ... I've heard under 4000 eur.

HH

#9: Post by HH »

Peter_SVK wrote:I've heard under 4000 eur.
Ah okay - not as much as I was expecting. Looking forward to see the finished article.

Ah_J

#10: Post by Ah_J »

looking forward for one can control flow rate by lever or such handle