New Custom Linea Mini from La Marzocco Home

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Beezer

#1: Post by Beezer »

I just received an email from LM Home about their new custom Linea Mini. A bit too much bling for my tastes, but the built in scale is kind of cool.

http://home.lamarzoccousa.com/product/c ... i-package/
Lock and load!

keno

#2: Post by keno »

Eeww, that's really ugly! Looks like a white Lexus with gold accents. Has that pimp mobile look to it. :shock:

BTW, I don't think the scale is built in, it's just an Acaia Lunar in a custom color sitting on top of the drip tray.

SonVolt

#3: Post by SonVolt »

I wonder if it'll make latte art in a glass of purple drank?

shawndo

#4: Post by shawndo »

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra

bluesman

#5: Post by bluesman »

Beezer wrote:I just received an email from LM Home about their new custom Linea Mini. A bit too much bling for my tastes, but the built in scale is kind of cool.
I got the same email, and it fails to mention the price - this sucker's $6500! I agree completely with Ken that it absolutely does look like an old lady's Lexus (with a tiny hint of Miami Vice). I'm basically "à chacun son goût", so I hope those who love it will buy and enjoy it. Personally, I can't imagine popping $6500 for that.

Faspaz

#6: Post by Faspaz replying to bluesman »

Translation: F$%@, I wish I had one!

Faspaz

#7: Post by Faspaz »

keno wrote:BTW, I don't think the scale is built in, it's just an Acaia Lunar in a custom color sitting on top of the drip tray.
It is built in, if you read the email and look at the pictures.

chrisbodnarphoto

#8: Post by chrisbodnarphoto »

I won't lie - I totally dig it.

That being said, our interior design aesthetic is all white, black, and punches of bright Colour here and there, so this machine totally fits in with that! In any other style of space it would look absolutely atrocious.

LukeFlynn

#9: Post by LukeFlynn »

Too much bling, but I do love the recessed cut out for the Lunar. Would be cool if that was an optional accessory for existing LMLM owners.

I'd rather have a GS/3 for a similar price. :D

keno

#10: Post by keno »

Faspaz wrote:It is built in, if you read the email and look at the pictures.
I stand corrected, you're right the drip tray has a recessed section. Didn't look that way from the
small pictures.

The downside to that I'd think is that you have to keep the scale there when pulling shots and it would make it harder to move the scale around if you wanted to use it to weigh beans, etc. The extra height is nice, but I think I prefer the standard drip tray.