New Coffee Bar Design Ideas - Page 6

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
OK31
Supporter ♡

#51: Post by OK31 »

Midway wrote:Did you get the water supply hose connections sorted out?

My filter and machine were installed. I didn't install it but can check my supply line and routing if you still need it and I can see and follow what was done to mine.

This setup looks awesome, I didn't get started on mine because we still don't have the go on project. it's a work in progress with more work and less progress. I do have that filter setup though so it's good to see no plastic tubing is necessary. My setup will probably be a little bit more connected with the faucet but otherwise i suspect and hope it won't be much different from yours. If you don't mind showing the other parts of the setup I won't say no :)

did you end up getting a leak detector?

Midway (original poster)

#52: Post by Midway (original poster) replying to OK31 »

I do not have a leak detector. I think the Pentair as the flexibility to add one if I want. Are you using one and if yes, which one.

Here are a couple more pictures. Seems a basic threaded coupling is used to extend the length of runs, not a John Guest.

OK31
Supporter ♡

#53: Post by OK31 replying to Midway »

No I don't have and not sure which one to get. Yes it looks very basic I don't know why I am/was driving myself crazy with it. Odd though that there isn't a shutoff before it goes to the machine before you can flush. In any case looks great. Do you have a finished product picture of the whole cabinet wall?

Midway (original poster)

#54: Post by Midway (original poster) replying to OK31 »

No finished pictures yet. The cabinet makers are supposed to come out next week to finish now that the floors have cured most of the way. Some off-gassing is expected for the next month and we can put throw rugs down

Next week the shelves will be installed between the upper coffee bar cabinets and I will install the light under the bottom shelf.

4 pairs of glass doors for upper cabinets will be installed, 2 in the kitchen and 2 in front of the top two shelves in the family room. The lower family room cabinets will have mesh doors installed to allow my electronics to vent and counter tops will be put in for the family room lower cabinets. Finally the crown molding for the kitchen, coffee bar and family room cabinets will be installed and I might get my house and life back. What a disruptive never ending pain this has been.

OK31
Supporter ♡

#55: Post by OK31 replying to Midway »

Looks like a really nice setup. Enjoy.

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#56: Post by LBIespresso »

Beautiful! Thanks for taking us on your journey! When's the party?
LMWDP #580

Midway (original poster)

#57: Post by Midway (original poster) »

Shelves finally installed but the coffee bar cabinet crown molding is weeks out for some reason my wife tells me. She now wants the coffee bar cabinet sides to match the trim on the kitchen cabinets. I installed the light under the bottom shelf myself.

OK31
Supporter ♡

#58: Post by OK31 »

This looks absolutely perfect. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy the setup

Primacog

#59: Post by Primacog »

Nicely done...why don't you have a light above the machine and grinder too withbthe same light colour ans intensity as the one you are using above the sink ? That would illuminate them and put the spotlight literally on them - right now when the light above the sink is on, it casts them somewhat by comparison in some shadow.
LMWDP #729

Midway (original poster)

#60: Post by Midway (original poster) replying to Primacog »

I didn't need additional light but there was existing electrical that can be seen in earlier pictures I posted from a light under the previous cabinet and it lined up perfectly so I reused it for the light I installed under the shelf. My work area is the counter space under the light, there is no space in front of the Espresso machine. There is also a can light above the espresso machine that can be seen in the side view picture. I'll be adding a piece of insulation under the cabinet over the espresso machine. It puts out some heat and possibly some moisture that can't be good for the cabinets and probably not for a light that close to it either.