New Coffee Bar Design Ideas - Page 5

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
OK31
Supporter ♡

#41: Post by OK31 »

Midway wrote:There are the two large drawers on the left end of the Espresso Bar under the machine, a small drawer between the sink and the large drawers, and under the small drawer, a cabinet with roll-out shelves that should be installed in the next couple weeks along with the shelves between the upper cabinets and the crown molding.

Plumbing the new Espresso machine will happen when it is delivered in a month or so. We'll find the best location for the Everpure 4CB5 EV9617-11 Filter Cartridge and Pentair Everpure Manifold filter Head EV9293-01 and then clean up all the hoses and electrical while keeping a clear path to the central vacuum connection.

https://www.pentair.com/content/dam/ext ... -Sheet.pdf

Ah yes that's excellent, I was looking into everpure exact model of filter and a more basic head from them but maybe it makes sense to get this head since it has everything needed and then just add the pressure regulator inline instead. The bwt from where I'm seeing for what I need seem to cost same and are limiting.

How did you end up with pentair?

Unrelated, I see you have a dedicated line that will be hooked up to the machine, did you consider running cold filter water through your faucet there. Just because why not? This cartridge has a rating of up to I think 6k gallons about week liters. My plan is to share it with a bar faucet or a beverage faucet if I decide not to use hot water, still not sure why I'd need hot water there.

Midway (original poster)

#42: Post by Midway (original poster) replying to OK31 »

The filter was recommended from another Seattle area Slayer owner as the one recommended for Seattle area water. I was planning on a more basic filter head as well but the guy I'm getting my machine from and is installing it recommended the Pentair and while it costs more, he is including installing it when plumbing my system. The Slayer doesn't need a pressure regulator from what I hear.

I hadn't looked in to using the filter for both the sink's cold water and the Espresso Machine but that would be great if it could. I want and have hot water and use it all the time. Do you know if and how that could work with my setup? I have no problem drinking tap water though and rarely if ever use the filtered water off the main refrigerator. Thanks.
★ Helpful

OK31
Supporter ♡

#43: Post by OK31 replying to Midway »

Interesting, I don't know what my line pressure is but got a gauge so will test.

For connecting to faucet you would just T off from the filter and connect cold line. I think it would make it nicer at least for what we're used to and I don't plan on washing dishes there so pressure isn't a big deal.

As far as this filter head, it has a 3/4" in and out let we not have 3/8 out to machine and I o let have a 1/2" line so it's just a matter of getting nsf rated adapters? Not a plumber and just not sure how converting back and forth impacts the setup. For the pressure regulator which one are you getting don't recall seeing that listed.

OK31
Supporter ♡

#44: Post by OK31 »

how's your progress on this project? Curious when connecting the filtration to machine do you plan on using John Guest fittings or something more fixed?

Midway (original poster)

#45: Post by Midway (original poster) replying to OK31 »

I was planning on John Guest to plumb my Alex but I don't know what my installer uses. That is what Chris Coffee suggested. I stopped the Alex install after I ordered a Slayer.

I was excited to get an email from my dealer telling me Slayer let him know my machine is ready to be picked up at HQ. Unfortunately we are refinishing the entire first floor and will need to wait until the 3rd week of February to get the Slayer installed, plumbed, etc. He is picking it up Monday and I'll get it scheduled when I can based the floor completion and his schedule.

The new oak that replaced carpet on half the floor was contaminated with boring wood beetles and needs to be replaced and then the entire floor sanded and the Swedish finish put on. It might be good that I couldn't install it before the finish, the fumes probably are fine but may not be good for the softer hoses and parts since we need to be out of the house as it cures.

OK31
Supporter ♡

#46: Post by OK31 »

Midway wrote:I was planning on John Guest to plumb my Alex but I don't know what my installer uses. That is what Chris Coffee suggested. I stopped the Alex install after I ordered a Slayer.

I was excited to get an email from my dealer telling me Slayer let him know my machine is ready to be picked up at HQ. Unfortunately we are refinishing the entire first floor and will need to wait until the 3rd week of February to get the Slayer installed, plumbed, etc. He is picking it up Monday and I'll get it scheduled when I can based the floor completion and his schedule.

The new oak that replaced carpet on half the floor was contaminated with boring wood beetles and needs to be replaced and then the entire floor sanded and the Swedish finish put on. It might be good that I couldn't instal it before the finish, the fumes probably are fine but may not be good for the softer hoses and parts since we need to be out of the house as it cures.
don't you just love renovations. OK so slayer since it has an external pump or option for external pump may be slightly easier to do with something other than JG. JG works with either copper or plastic I'm just not familiar with how plumbing works and don't know all the available combinations. At the moment planning to purchase the JG fittings. It would look something like this: supply line into the 3/4" inlet of the everpure. 3/8" JG shutoff valve out of everpure -> Tee adapter with 3/8" thread up top for faucet and straight snapin to regulator -> JG fittings on both ends of regulator -> inline JG shutoff valve -> JG to bspp adapter on Linea plumb hose. Not sure if I need a check Valve? I saw some folks use that for a flowjet setup but that's likely due to some other factors that are probably more legitimate than a direct line plumb?

Midway (original poster)

#47: Post by Midway (original poster) replying to OK31 »

I never started the Alex Duetto plumbing but below is the email I was sent. Braided line is the water supply line that connects to the Alex and included with the Alex Duetto.

Most of the time we would take the braided line to a John Guest fitting

https://www.chriscoffee.com/products/bs ... 4102284324

this converts it to a 3/8 push lock fitting from there we would go to a filter system and then to the water supply .

OK31
Supporter ♡

#48: Post by OK31 replying to Midway »

Yup, sounds like that's the plan. The converter is something of a point of contention for me because every vendor has a version and I'm sure there is really just one version unless each coffee manufacturer has their own hoses.

Midway (original poster)

#49: Post by Midway (original poster) »

OK31 wrote:don't you just love renovations. OK so slayer since it has an external pump or option for external pump may be slightly easier to do with something other than JG. JG works with either copper or plastic I'm just not familiar with how plumbing works and don't know all the available combinations. At the moment planning to purchase the JG fittings. It would look something like this: supply line into the 3/4" inlet of the everpure. 3/8" JG shutoff valve out of everpure -> Tee adapter with 3/8" thread up top for faucet and straight snapin to regulator -> JG fittings on both ends of regulator -> inline JG shutoff valve -> JG to bspp adapter on Linea plumb hose. Not sure if I need a check Valve? I saw some folks use that for a flowjet setup but that's likely due to some other factors that are probably more legitimate than a direct line plumb?
I don't know about an external pump option for the Slayer 1 group. Some of the 2 and 3 group models do. The 1 group does have options to connect an external water tank that probably needs a pump if not plumbing to the home water.

I'm glad I didn't have the Slayer installed. It's already a mess and we have just started.

Midway (original poster)

#50: Post by Midway (original poster) »

OK31 wrote:don't you just love renovations. OK so slayer since it has an external pump or option for external pump may be slightly easier to do with something other than JG. JG works with either copper or plastic I'm just not familiar with how plumbing works and don't know all the available combinations. At the moment planning to purchase the JG fittings. It would look something like this: supply line into the 3/4" inlet of the everpure. 3/8" JG shutoff valve out of everpure -> Tee adapter with 3/8" thread up top for faucet and straight snapin to regulator -> JG fittings on both ends of regulator -> inline JG shutoff valve -> JG to bspp adapter on Linea plumb hose. Not sure if I need a check Valve? I saw some folks use that for a flowjet setup but that's likely due to some other factors that are probably more legitimate than a direct line plumb?
Did you get the water supply hose connections sorted out?

My filter and machine were installed. I didn't install it but can check my supply line and routing if you still need it and I can see and follow what was done to mine.