New Coffee Bar Design Ideas - Page 3

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
daveR1
Supporter ♡

#21: Post by daveR1 »

you might check with a cabinet shop about an appliance garage cab. something that would "sit" on the countertop with a sliding tambour door that retracts upwards when in use, then slides down to hide the clutter. sorry, dont have pics since its been years since I designed a kitchen with one.

bongani

#22: Post by bongani »

If you still can, make the counter top a little more wider. You can always upgrade and replace your equipment with the assurance that you have enough workspace should the time come.

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#23: Post by JohnB. »

Midway wrote:
With my wife's goal to store away as many if not all coffee accessories, any creative ideas for a hidden knock box?
If your base cabinet has a drawer put a standard knockbox in there. I've had mine in one of the cabinet draws for 12 years with no issues.
LMWDP 267

Midway (original poster)

#24: Post by Midway (original poster) »

bongani wrote:If you still can, make the counter top a little more wider. You can always upgrade and replace your equipment with the assurance that you have enough workspace should the time come.
That ship has sailed. The cabinet is already built and Installation is December 7th now that I have the plumbing and electrical rough in completed. The cabinet itself is 96 inches wide and 24 inches deep plus a 2 inch overhang from the quartzite countertop, one inch of that ogee. I lose some space with the sink. We seem to be gaining a lot of space.

The beverage center cabinet section will be built and added on-site.

Thanks.

Midway (original poster)

#25: Post by Midway (original poster) »

JohnB. wrote:If your base cabinet has a draw put a standard knockbox in there. I've had mine in one of the cabinet draws for 12 years with no issues.
I have no idea;, this has been my wife's project, I didn't see anything wrong with the way things were :). Is a draw just a shelf that slides out? We have those in one of our kitchen cabinets. If it does come that way it it would have to be in one of the two 12 inch wide cabinets on each side of the sink. Thanks.

Midway (original poster)

#26: Post by Midway (original poster) »

daveR1 wrote:you might check with a cabinet shop about an appliance garage cab. something that would "sit" on the countertop with a sliding tambour door that retracts upwards when in use, then slides down to hide the clutter. sorry, dont have pics since its been years since I designed a kitchen with one.
Interesting. For some reason she doesn't mind the look of the Espresso Machine, she just wanted it off her kitchen counter. She isn't as crazy about the KafaTek MC5 grinder that she thinks looks like a big microscope. The appliance garage idea looks like something we could add at anytime, though it may unbalance the symmetrical layout with the space under the other overhead cabinet. Thanks.

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#27: Post by JohnB. »

That should have been drawer, not draw. :lol:
LMWDP 267

Midway (original poster)

#28: Post by Midway (original poster) »

Coming along but still not sure about how the plumbing and power cords for the espresso machine and grinder are going to work out. We had the larger drawer under the espresso machine made a little short and should have room. The small drawer next to the sink looks tight. I'll need to ask the cabinet maker how we can make that work. Once the espresso machine and grinder are plugged in and plumbed, accessing the central vacuum could be a challenge. There was no other option on where to install it. We will make it work.

Edit: Had a small cable/plumbing run built near the top and back of the small drawer that should work. Just need the countertop and tile put on the wall. It will match the quartzite in the kitchen, just visible on the lower right side of the picture.

Midway (original poster)

#29: Post by Midway (original poster) »

I'm now starting to think about organizing accessories and tools. I'd like to store as much in drawers and cabinets while maintaining quick and easy access. My wife just happened to have some drawer dividers/organizers that fit perfectly in a small drawer next to where the Espresso Machine and MC5 Grinder will be. Even with the electrical cords and plumbing supply line and drain being routed near the back taking up some overhead drawer space, I might have a reasonable storage space.

I 'm not sure where the best place to store the Espresso Beans, vacuum canister and the bean vaults but I'm thinking I'll just store them in the cabinet above the Espresso Machine and Grinder. Most cups can go on the shelves and in the cabinets above. Occasional use items can be stored in less accessible areas. The goal is still to keep the countertop as clear as possible. What am I forgetting?

The countertop is scheduled to be installed December 26th and the tile backsplash under and between the cabinets will be installed sometime in January and then the shelves can finally be installed. What a process.

Thank you.

Espressmyself

#30: Post by Espressmyself »

My setup is similar, but I have shelves between the two cabinets. If you're planning on doing that, will give you a lot of extra space to display different brewers, steaming jugs, coffee, cups, books and decorative items at the very top