Mystery espresso machine. Olympia prototype?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
coffee cat

#1: Post by coffee cat »

Can anyone identify this machine? I own this machine and wanted to see if anyone seen one like this before. It is supposed to be prototype made by Olympia in the early 1990s before the company fell apart. I got it from my insurance broker a long time ago and he was at the time, Olympia distributor in Canada. I also spoke to Christian Sagehorn at Olympia about six years ago and he also thinks it is a prototype, judging by individual parts machine assembled from. Unfortunately Olympia has no pictures or models of this period of transition to the company's new ownership.

cannonfodder
Team HB

#2: Post by cannonfodder »

The steam control and portafilter handle look like a Olympia but the body looks like a Nuova Simonelli.
Dave Stephens

Advertisement
dominico
Team HB

#3: Post by dominico »

The portafilter, steam knob, and to some extent the drip tray, all look very Olympia-ish. The "choose your cup size" keypad is a generic part and can be seen on machines from a variety of companies. It wouldn't surprise me if they used it in their prototype.
https://bit.ly/3N1bhPR
Il caffè è un piacere, se non è buono che piacere è?

coffee cat (original poster)

#4: Post by coffee cat (original poster) »

Some more pictures
To me: Steam knob, steam valve, solenoid discharge above drip tray, portafilter, boiler, they all look Olimpia as you find them on Maximatic.