Mypressi Twist

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
charlesaf3

#1: Post by charlesaf3 »

Just came across my old Mypressi twist (I'm going through my espresso scrap pile).

Are people still using them? In what circumstance? I have a number of old espresso gadgets, I'm trying to figure out what I should keep as there is a bit of a spring cleaning/weeding frenzy.

jedovaty

#2: Post by jedovaty »

I have a red and black one, both which leak. They're boxed up until I decide one day to take them apart and try to fix.. some guides do exist online, probably should save them before they go away. Sad, really, they were nice products in theory!

charlesaf3 (original poster)

#3: Post by charlesaf3 (original poster) »

I don't think mine leaks, but I should make some espresso with them and see

jedovaty

#4: Post by jedovaty »

Finally got mine out of storage, no issues with the unit and the first shot was perfect - 15g in, 30g out in 28s, 9.8m/s/s. :mrgreen:

Subsequent shots were as consistent, applying what I've learned with the cafelat robot has been so helpful! It was such a struggle back then, and now it works as it was expected to. The best part: hopefully I can make a dent in that bulk nitrogen charger purchase in 2010.

jedovaty

#5: Post by jedovaty »

Hi, I thought it would be helpful to point out a few things in case someone out there in the future searches for the mypressi twist.

1. The normcore 53.3mm leveling tamper and distributor tool fits the stock mypressi twist basket pretty well
2. The IMS 54mm baskets for the various breville machines are almost identical to the stock mypressi twist basket, and fit without issue

I ended up returning the IMS baskets.. first the holes on the inside were poorly machined, and the only thing better on the IMS basket vs. the mypressi basket: bottom is very flat. My mypressi's basket is slightly not flat, but doesn't look like this has any impact on the end product. Not worth it when I already have a couple stock baskets.

jley08

#6: Post by jley08 »

Does anyone know what paper filter bottom size for the the mypressi twist stock basket may be?