My Slayer single group - Page 4

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
ng

#31: Post by ng »

CarefreeBuzzBuzz wrote:How's the tray coming and working if you printed it? Slayer doesn't make the angled one. It's Titus Mfg in Germany.

Also recommend you consider the Cafelat Silicon gaskets in the future. They last longer and perform better for some.
Thanks for the tip! Do you have a link? I wasn't sure if all gaskets were the same. I ordered 5 when I picked up my maint kit from Slayer, but will grab the Silicon ones when I run out.

Regarding drip tray, are we talking about the same thing? This is what originally inspired me to work on the mod:
https://slayerespresso.com/drain-tray-u ... d-options/

CarefreeBuzzBuzz
Supporter

#32: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

On the tray it's the Titus one. Around $400 as I recall.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BurcSBQgNMV ... tq56b3aswp
CarefreeBuzzBuzz
___
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

ng

#33: Post by ng »

Yet another project :lol:

Did some math and the machine uses about 5 kWh a day. Depending on my rate that's about $1.2-1.50 a day, or about $45 a month. My machine is fully powered from 8:00-1030 and 11:00-13:30 during the week with a slightly different schedule on the weekend. Seemed like a waste of power.

Had trouble funding a 220 smart outlet. Was about to make my but I couldn't find the right smart relay with a ground wire. Everything I found was for hot/neutral. Ended up picking up this heavy duty 40A switch which is WAY overkill since my machine only pulls 9A.

Anyways, bought a 15ft extension cord, cut it in half, and wired this together. Will test all with a DMM sometime this week. Still waiting for my ZWave hub to arrive so I can bridge with the Google Assistant. Will be nice to have a preset schedule and the ability to turn the machine on and off remotely as well.

Terranova

#34: Post by Terranova »

CarefreeBuzzBuzz wrote:On the tray it's the Titus one. Around $400 as I recall.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BurcSBQgNMV ... tq56b3aswp
Nope, it is 180€ and 200€ polished (not Red Speed coated like in that clip)

Peppersass
Supporter ❤

#35: Post by Peppersass »

ng wrote:Did some math and the machine uses about 5 kWh a day. Depending on my rate that's about $1.2-1.50 a day, or about $45 a month. My machine is fully powered from 8:00-1030 and 11:00-13:30 during the week with a slightly different schedule on the weekend. Seemed like a waste of power.
Your rates a quite a bit higher than ours. Currently (no pun intended) we're paying about $0.15 per kWh, not including a monthly "customer charge" of about $14.50. We used to pay a lot more, something like $0.28 per kWh, but when natural gas prices fell our rates went way down.

I programmed my machine to turn on about 30 minutes before I wake up and turn of two hours later. But usually I'm at the machine shortly after it's fully warmed up, make a few drinks, then turn it off. It's probably on for an average of 1-1.5 hours a day. I have an energy monitor that's connected to every circuit in the house, and it says today the espresso machine/grinder outlet use a little over 1 kWh. However, our Technivorm drip coffee maker is on the same circuit, so the espresso machine/grinder consumption is less than that.

Also, during the day our solar tracker provides all the power the house needs and then some, even on many cloudy (but not stormy) days. :idea:

ng

#36: Post by ng » replying to Peppersass »

Tell me about it :( My friends who live in different counties pay maybe $40/mo total! The biggest issue I have with the Slayer being on all the time is that it kicks me into the next usage tier.

Just ran a timer and from 110F to 200F it approx. 20 minutes. I think preheating 30 min prior to usage should be perfect (in line with you). I'm waiting for my ZWave hub to arrive, once that happens I should be able to see exact usage on the Slayer. Of course, I will post here.

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#37: Post by JohnB. »

Peppersass wrote:Your rates a quite a bit higher than ours. Currently (no pun intended) we're paying about $0.15 per kWh, not including a monthly "customer charge" of about $14.50. We used to pay a lot more, something like $0.28 per kWh, but when natural gas prices fell our rates went way down.
$.09 a kWh here in Ct. but they throw in plenty of other charges every month.
LMWDP 267

ng

#38: Post by ng »

Whoops, looks like I incorrectly wired the switch. Did a few checks with the DMM and noticed the numbers weren't adding up. Turns out I don't have a neutral wire, instead, I have two hots and a ground. Swapped black+white to L1+L2 and all is well.

I went to plug the machine in and was greeted by...

A quick trip to the hardware store and I was back in business

BAH! Gonna take the control module apart and see if I can source a replacement LCD. Not keen on paying $600 for a replacement.

While I had everything apart I decided to clean up the wiring and split my waterline so I could fill pots and water bottles quicker

Good enough for today!

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#39: Post by JohnB. »

That last photo is scary! All those water connections right over an outlet. Any of those JG fittings could spring a leak.
LMWDP 267

patrickff
Supporter ♡

#40: Post by patrickff » replying to JohnB. »

Yeah. Might an outdoor receptacle box would do it.