My Slayer single group - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
ng (original poster)

#11: Post by ng (original poster) »

CarefreeBuzzBuzz wrote:Sounds about right on the maintenance. I don't know who told you that slayer is not responsive but they are actually quite excellent. They have online videos for owners only of repairs. I believe they have been top knotch.
It wasn't anybody, in particular, just older forum posts!

ng (original poster)

#12: Post by ng (original poster) »

JackHK wrote:Congratulations with the new baby :mrgreen:

Can you help tell me how much flow in 30 sek, when your paddle is in max position to the left ?

I have e61 dual boiler there give 225 ml in 30 sek, another e61 dual boiler give 425 ml in 30 sek and old Oscar give 404 ml in 30 sek
I just followed the manual. I think I am at 44g right now?

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#13: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

JackHK that is the pre-brew setting (paddle half-way) that NG posted. One would have to measure the output to get what you are asking.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

dynamiteid

#14: Post by dynamiteid »

I just measured my Slayer at full brew position. I get ~245g in 30sec.

Cheers,
Dave

JackHK

#15: Post by JackHK »

ng wrote:I just followed the manual. I think I am at 44g right now? image
Thank you :D

dynamiteid wrote:I just measured my Slayer at full brew position. I get ~245g in 30sec.

Cheers,
Dave
Perfect, thank you 8)

ng (original poster)

#16: Post by ng (original poster) »

All this talk of flow rate reminded me I should probably re-check everything after I upgraded from 1/4" to 3/8" tubing. Looks like I picked up about 5g of extra flow over 30s. Still within the suggested range.

Zanderfy

#17: Post by Zanderfy »

dynamiteid wrote:I just measured my Slayer at full brew position. I get ~245g in 30sec.

Cheers,
Dave
Hey Dave, this is a helpful data point to compare to other owners, thanks! Mine only measures 214g in 30 seconds (at 19% pump pressure, 3 bar inlet pressure). I think the value depends on quite a few factors including the temperature of the brew boiler (in my own anecdotal testing, flow rate can change a bit with a change in temperature). Can you share your pump power % and plumb pressure values?

ng (original poster)

#18: Post by ng (original poster) »

31% pump pressure

BaristaBoy E61

#19: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

Zanderfy wrote:Hey Dave, this is a helpful data point to compare to other owners, thanks! Mine only measures 214g in 30 seconds (at 19% pump pressure, 3 bar inlet pressure). I think the value depends on quite a few factors including the temperature of the brew boiler (in my own anecdotal testing, flow rate can change a bit with a change in temperature). Can you share your pump power % and plumb pressure values?

I don't mean to hijack this thread Alex but you're setup has me intrigued. Would you please explain the 'apparatus' you have installed in 'Deep Throat' (K30 Vario) to single dose?

Thanks
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

dynamiteid

#20: Post by dynamiteid »

Zanderfy wrote:Hey Dave, this is a helpful data point to compare to other owners, thanks! Mine only measures 214g in 30 seconds (at 19% pump pressure, 3 bar inlet pressure). I think the value depends on quite a few factors including the temperature of the brew boiler (in my own anecdotal testing, flow rate can change a bit with a change in temperature). Can you share your pump power % and plumb pressure values?
My pump pressure is at 24%

Dave