My new La Marzocco Linea Mini

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
RockyIII
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by RockyIII »

My Linea Mini was shipped yesterday. It has well over 2,000 miles to travel before it arrives, but the trucking company called today to schedule delivery next Monday.

Let the good times roll!

Rocky

RockyIII (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by RockyIII (original poster) »

The staff members at La Marzocco Home with whom I have talked by telephone and email have all been very friendly and helpful. One of them mentioned reading this forum.

Rocky

Tolis85

#3: Post by Tolis85 »

Even though it has been quite criticized,I must admit that for me this is the best looking machine out there!True retro!
Nice buy!

SonVolt

#4: Post by SonVolt replying to Tolis85 »

I absolutely hated the design aesthetics when it was first released. Now I dream of owning one.

JavaRanger

#5: Post by JavaRanger »

Its hard to understand how beautiful it is, until you see it in person!

Welcome to the Linea Mini Club!

Beezer

#6: Post by Beezer »

Congratulations! You're going to love it, and the customer service from LM Home is outstanding if you need anything.
Lock and load!

wpK

#7: Post by wpK »

Congratulations! I just got my machine over a month ago and it has been amazing! As everyone else has said LM Home are amazing to work with. Both Dave and Chris from LM Home have Linea Mini's at home and know almost everything there is to know about the machine.

The machine also looks way better in person!

RikC

#8: Post by RikC »

I'm still enjoying it every day when I look at this 'big red box' sitting in my kitchen :mrgreen:

Simon345

#9: Post by Simon345 »

Great setup, but what kind of weight is the (what i assume is a) knock box under the linea mini rated for? Would hate to see it buckle and have the machine drop

RikC

#10: Post by RikC »

Good point! I bought based on that it is advertised with the 5kg heavier GS/3 on top!

http://ronda.it/images/testi/profession ... e_cube.pdf

But... yes it did buckle :shock:

And I was annoyed by that since this is a commercial quality tray with corresponding price.

But, turned out this was due to a connection at the back snapping loose (the design contains no welds at all for easy cleaning).

I went to look how to fix this and earlier this week I installed a ~38cm long stainless steel M6 rodd with bolts on it on both ends at the low rear end. Completely resolved the issue for me and the box is now rock solid...

I chose the big box (Ronda calls it compact but it's big :wink:) to have sufficient working height as the table is only ~80cm.