My La Marzocco Linea Mini Arrived

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
AgileMJOLNIR

#1: Post by AgileMJOLNIR »

First, thanks to all the advice I've received so far for so many of you. I'm really looking forward to making some amazing drinks :D

I had a scheduled delivery day of tomorrow but couldn't wait since I had been waiting a month already. So what's a guy to do buy zip down to the hub and cram it in his Mazda 3 and head home 8) I ran through the manual, filled the boilers, checked pressures and everything is dialed so no tweaks needed. I filled it up with some Crystal Geyser from Mount Shasta after running the test strips and she's ready to go. Just waiting on the wife to get home with my fresh bag of Verve and I can start toying with the thing.

I'm always open to any tips or tricks from any fellow LMLM owners or anyone with with more experience than me. This is a nice upgrade from my first machine, a Breville Barista Express. I know there's several of you waiting on yours still but trust me when I tell you that it's worth the wait. Fine craftsmanship and a beautiful piece of machine. Worth the wait.

Advertisement
ryuemura

#2: Post by ryuemura »

Beautiful setup! Congrats!

AgileMJOLNIR (original poster)

#3: Post by AgileMJOLNIR (original poster) replying to ryuemura »

Thank you man I appreciate it. Can't wait to dial everything in.

JayBeck

#4: Post by JayBeck replying to AgileMJOLNIR »

Congratulations!

ben8jam

#5: Post by ben8jam »

Woohoo looks great!

sluflyer06

#6: Post by sluflyer06 »

Looking fine.

Jasper_8137

#7: Post by Jasper_8137 »

Pretty slick! Congratulations on the new setup - you're going to love dialing it in.

Advertisement
Johnspresso

#8: Post by Johnspresso »

Congrats on your new rig! Looks great. I got mine in mid April. I too picked up my white Linea Mini at the local logistics facility since it was Friday and they weren't scheduled to deliver until the following Monday. I was a bit stunned when I saw that the drop'n'tell indicators were both tripped on mine. I made a bunch of phone calls trying to figure out what to do but was told to mark the receipt as such and check everything closely when I got home. All was fine!

I've loved working with my machine after upgrading from the Pavoni. There was quite an initial learning curve! I ordered the bottomless portafilter so I could refine my technique. I had a lot of channeling and uneven extractions for a while before I figured out proper dose and distribution.

Will you be starting with the Streetlevel blend from Verve or a SO?

isabelo

#9: Post by isabelo »

Congratulations, Joseph. White and wood accents look very spiffy. I hope I get mine soon, but haven't yet heard from LM.

ben8jam

#10: Post by ben8jam replying to isabelo »

I wonder how many of us from Cali are waiting on the May shipment. They must have had great May sales numbers with the price increase!