My Breville Dual Boiler now plumbed with rotary pump - Page 5

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
rm1

#41: Post by rm1 »

question when going rotary is a pressure regulator needed?

also has anyone wired the rotary pump to the bdb with out an external switch?

thanks

neydor

#42: Post by neydor »

As far as what I know, the rotary pump itself has a regulator (adjustment) to pressure. It wont hut to add an additional pressure regulator if you want to be safe. In term of connecting the power to the machine itself its a little more complicated. I think that if you really want to have full control of the pump and flow, its best to pair it with the slayer mod and have it power independently.

rm1

#43: Post by rm1 »

thanks, i do plan on doing the slayer mod while i have the machine open. if i'm not mistaken in your setup was where i saw the pressure regulator which is why i wondered if i needed one or if it was just optional, if i run the power independently to the machine when i'm running pre infusion does the pump need to be on or do i flip it on once i'm ready for full pressure? or does it matter if i'm running slayer mod since i'll be in control.

thanks

neydor

#44: Post by neydor »

I added a check valve to prevent water to come back at some point. What you probably referring to is an OPV. The machine itself has one, but the way I did the install I overpass the OPV. Now its probably safer to have an OPV between the Pump and the machine, but I did not do this since the pump has its own adjustment. When adjusting this I suggest you close the adjustment and start opening until you reach desired pressure (use a blind basket for this). Remember the water that is coming form the street already has some pressure, good enough for preinfusion. On my video you can see that I open the line pressure and control it with the slayer mod to do pre infusion, at to which point I turn on the pump for the time I wanted and turn off the pump then close the line on the machine. Hope it helps.

athoangphan

#45: Post by athoangphan »

Yes, check out my rotary pump conversion guide here:

rm1

#46: Post by rm1 »

neydor wrote:I added a check valve to prevent water to come back at some point. What you probably referring to is an OPV. The machine itself has one, but the way I did the install I overpass the OPV. Now its probably safer to have an OPV between the Pump and the machine, but I did not do this since the pump has its own adjustment. When adjusting this I suggest you close the adjustment and start opening until you reach desired pressure (use a blind basket for this). Remember the water that is coming form the street already has some pressure, good enough for preinfusion. On my video you can see that I open the line pressure and control it with the slayer mod to do pre infusion, at to which point I turn on the pump for the time I wanted and turn off the pump then close the line on the machine. Hope it helps.

yea i ordered a check valve i should have it tomorrow, i thought in the photo you put up i thought i saw a pressure regulator between the water filter and the rotary pump, that's why i thought that.

that's a great help again thanks a lot i really appreciate it.

rm1

#47: Post by rm1 »

athoangphan wrote:Yes, check out my rotary pump conversion guide here:
thanks i'm looking at it now, seems there's a few ways of doing this which is dope.

thanks.

neydor

#48: Post by neydor »

rm1 wrote: yea i ordered a check valve i should have it tomorrow, i thought in the photo you put up i thought i saw a pressure regulator between the water filter and the rotary pump, that's why i thought that.

that's a great help again thanks a lot i really appreciate it.
Oh yes, there is a pressure regulator for the water coming from the street.

rm1

#49: Post by rm1 » replying to neydor »

that's why i thought i might need one so i figured let me ask before i start to do the mod and realize i'm missing parts lol.

thanks