The Meticulous Home Espresso Machine (Kickstarter) - Page 8

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
GDK

#71: Post by GDK »

Carlos will be visiting Brian Quan in LA next week and I hope more progress will be shared on YouTube. There are a few potential obstacles that this launch may hit but at least progress to date is rather remarkable.

This may be the combination I have been waiting for: gorgeous looking, very capable and relatively simple machine.

Since family and friends like milk drinks (and I occasionally), I must find a sensible steaming solution as well. I hope NanoFoamer Pro will be a decent choice.

bgn

#72: Post by bgn »

I paid for my Argos in full about 15 mo the ago. Still confident I'll get a machine. The developer has been good (by my standards) with transparency.
I'm on the email list for Meticulous and plan to pony up the fifteen hundred for it. Maybe I'll get it before the Argos.

jfjj

#73: Post by jfjj »

Would you keep both?
- Jean

Séb

#74: Post by Séb »

I've also put a $100 deposit for the Meticulous and I also hope to get an Argos (or Vectis not 100% sure yet). I have not put any deposit on the latter because i can't yet make my choice but when i saw the video of the Meticulous this machine was similar in tech like a Decent but without the noise i hate from the two pumps, with more than enough capacity for my needs in a compact frame and nice visual look too. And of course so much cheaper. For the milk steaming i may just add the Nanofoamer Pro if it prove to be able to produce perfect microfoam. I already have a Bellman steamer but it's not as practical. Just super handy when you don't have electricity which happen 2-3 times per year for us at our fishing camp.

dbk94

#75: Post by dbk94 »

Séb wrote:For the milk steaming i may just add the Nanofoamer Pro if it prove to be able to produce perfect microfoam.
This is the combination I was considering as well. But I think I will hold off on the Meticulous Kickstarter. I suppose it's worth it (to me) to pay the additional $500 MSRP once it's fully launched, which essentially pays for peace of mind. Praying we don't have crazy supply chain issues a year from now that results in extremely limited stock lol

chex

#76: Post by chex replying to dbk94 »

Please post if you end up getting your $100 deposit back. I know it says fully refundable but I'm curious if you'll be given the run-around.

tompoland

#77: Post by tompoland »

Given the ubiquitous presence of social media, it would be surprising if someone who is demonstrably smart and who has put years of work into this, would compromise his own success for 100 bucks.

Even Madoff knew when to give money back, for as long as he could. A refund of $100 would therefore not underline the integrity (or otherwise) of the launch.
A little obsessed.

Shakespeare
Supporter ♡

#78: Post by Shakespeare »

mynameisroz wrote:Backing anything on Kickstarter is a risk. Simple as that. I remember reading that 1 in 10 projects fail, and very few get refunds on failed projects. With that said, I've backed many things over the years. Have yet to have a bad experience. If you're not willing to risk that sum of money or aren't comfortable with production delays, it's probably best to wait for the official release.

The kickstarter failure rate is larger than 10% ...that may be true for a funded project that ultimately fails
Yet, many more products fail due to the project inability to fully fund or partially fund their project's goal.
In that case the project owner has no duty to return the money.
The only money they are responsible for is the Kickstarter fees.

"" Creators will still receive the balance of collected funds, less fees, even if the final amount falls below your project's funding goal due to dropped pledges. Kickstarter will only collect fees on the funds that we are able to successfully collect."'

bgn

#79: Post by bgn »

jfjj wrote:Would you keep both?
Yes.

mynameisroz

#80: Post by mynameisroz »

Shakespeare wrote: The kickstarter failure rate is larger than 10% ...that may be true for a funded project that ultimately fails
Yet, many more products fail due to the project inability to fully fund or partially fund their project's goal.
Good clarification. Was talking specifically about funded projects that fail to deliver their reward or product. Given the popularity on social and coffee forums, I would be shocked if they didn't hit their funding goal. My original point was, even if fully funded, it's not a guarantee that you'll receive anything in return. To be clear, not trying to scare anyone away from the Meticulous. My deposit is down :D