The Meticulous Home Espresso Machine (Kickstarter) - Page 24

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
DaveC

#231: Post by DaveC »

I think back to the same sort of excitement based on very little information when the ZPM Kickstarter launched...there were concerns and people were inventing their own justifications, theories and making internal wishes for development almost a reality. I hope this project goes well and would want to see much more information. ZPM should have hammered home the concept that you are not buying a product...just the potential for one!

The use of influencers to push the machine hard at such an early (and buggy) stage is a little concerning.

Perhaps this is worth another look to refresh memories ZPM espresso machine (Kickstarter)

malling

#232: Post by malling »

Why I'm only likely to keep on my pledge with a 20% chance, if nothing more convincing happening next 40 days I will withdraw it.

Advertisement
jer_am

#233: Post by jer_am »

Ok.

jfjj
Supporter ♡

#234: Post by jfjj »

Ya, I'm starting to lean more towards that now. Especially with the timeline and commitments they are putting out. I guess the questions is do I even want to tie up $1200 on this right now.
- Jean

MB

#235: Post by MB »

I'm still in. It's a risk as is any Kickstarter. The hardware development is solid from what I experienced at the demo. I got to pull a shot and others did as well. I was pleased. On the software side, it works but it's at an earlier stage and buggy. It still needs further development and polishing. Demos and testing are pushing it in different ways, so that seems helpful to that end. Even so, the interface I experienced makes me feel like this is so much easier to use.

Manufacturing is obviously a huge step with all of the hurdles and getting things right, plus supply issues and delays are always possible (I'd say even likely with Kickstarters). I feel like the software can always be refined up to and past delivery but the hardware needs to be right. It's a risk, but one I am willing to take, especially with the prospect of getting this thing on my counter.
LMWDP #472

titan

#236: Post by titan »

Giampiero wrote:Wow...what a drama :?
IMO this message does not disclose what percentage of the chessboard kickstarter money that was supposed to be used to build the product was "part of the sale" and subsequently funneled into the development of the Meticulous.
Designing, getting funded, then taking the money and leaving production to someone else is bound to raise issues. I hope it won't happen this time. Coffee-related kickstarters already have a horrible reputation.

malling

#237: Post by malling replying to titan »

Isn't that just KS in general, I must admit I haven't backed a thing I didn't get or that I was overall unsatisfied with, there could be minor things but I also don't back the questionable stuff or the stuff likely to fail or disappoint or where there noticeable doubt about.

I backed out of Ikawa, Arco, Kopi, Knob, X-bloom, and Ode simply because neither convinced me enough at the current stage near the end of campaign
, I got the Ikawa and Ode later on and those avoided the issue that actually went up being there in KS versions. The other still seem to have the issue and doubt that made me pull out in the end, this will most likely follow suit unless something drastic change, especially as they don't have a very convincing background.

Advertisement
pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#238: Post by pizzaman383 »

The risks of a KS project relate to how many aspects of the venture are new. New product that relates to an existing product by the same company is relatively low. Add that it is a new company the risk goes up. Add that the product is first of its kind and the risk goes up. Add that it is using a new technology or material that hasn't been used in that way and the risk goes up. Add in multiple products or variations the risk goes up.
Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”

jfjj
Supporter ♡

#239: Post by jfjj replying to pizzaman383 »

This is why I am more hesitant on them more now then before.
- Jean

malling

#240: Post by malling »

pizzaman383 wrote:The risks of a KS project relate to how many aspects of the venture are new. New product that relates to an existing product by the same company is relatively low. Add that it is a new company the risk goes up. Add that the product is first of its kind and the risk goes up. Add that it is using a new technology or material that hasn't been used in that way and the risk goes up. Add in multiple products or variations the risk goes up.
We need to add it greatly depends on if the product is just for strictly advertisement reasons or is actually a true crowd funding project. There are even new companies who just use these for strictly marketing and the risk there is generally lower then those more dependent on backing.