The Meticulous Home Espresso Machine (Kickstarter) - Page 19

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Corgo

#181: Post by Corgo »

NelisB wrote:100%
Same as strietman also.

Frenchman

#182: Post by Frenchman »

ab wrote:I just kickstarted the NanoFoamer Pro for $99
Thread hijack, I guess... I see it for S$149 ($112 or so)?
LMWDP #712

truemagellen

#183: Post by truemagellen replying to Frenchman »

99 was the early price

Just an fyi these state an august ship date and their sale price point for previous products made their way down to the Kickstarter launch price (atleast in USA) so if you feel you missed out just wait for market to stabilize price.

malling

#184: Post by malling »

Same in Europe, these stabilised like within 6 months or so down there.

malling

#185: Post by malling »

Wodan wrote:The Meticulous is going to work the way a Flair 58 does. Water falls onto the puck with gravity as the piston moves up and then builds PI pressure as the lever starts to move down. Shots from the F58 are delicious so I have no doubt Met will be the same.
Yes the F58 is fantastic machine it even beat those DB costing several X it that I used to own. So I'm bit stoked that a meticulous follow some similar fundamentals of it. But with added temperature stability and bit more up it's sleeve.

If it live up to the hype I really think it could be a game changer.

Corgo

#186: Post by Corgo replying to malling »

If it lives up to the hype, I will be replacing my strietman with it. That's pretty high bar for straight espresso imo.

philipurquiza

#187: Post by philipurquiza »

macadelical wrote:...There are some things that can be improved, and they said they were looking to improve most of these things. The workflow is different as you prep your puck and insert the portafilter, then you "start" it. But starting it doesn't pull your shot instantly, it has to warm up the water until it hits the temp you set it at and is stable. Even when using hot water from kettle it took a minute or two. Then once temperature is ready it'll start the shot. They said they're working and having a temperature hold feature where you can heat the water, it'll hold temperature and have it ready to go though...
I guess they already improved that as shown on a video they've posted on Instagram with a Pre Heat function. I think it would be really useful if they produced regular videos on youtube, longer ones, explaining those improvements and showing workflow without them being just these small advertisements

bgn

#188: Post by bgn »

I still haven't decided if I'll back the Meticulous. I have a vintage Cimbali lever that works well but I'm looking to replace it with something easier to maintain and already have an Odessy Argos coming hopefully before Summer. But the Meticulous is pretty unique.

jer_am

#189: Post by jer_am »

ok

RTOBarista
Supporter ★

#190: Post by RTOBarista »

Meiculos is launching tomorrow at 9AM PDT. It will be $1200 is you signed up early with a Dec. 23 Delivery.

Lance Hedrick had a review early today. I have signed up