The Matrix Shower Screen - Page 3

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
TomC (original poster)
Team HB

#21: Post by TomC (original poster) »

smite wrote:Interesting product. Any chance of such a screen for machines like a GS3 or the Decent?

Same unit works for both as my Speedster.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

coffeeOnTheBrain

#22: Post by coffeeOnTheBrain »

I believe Rancilio and Bezzera use the same shower screen but different then e61. Will there be a version for other machines that are not compatible with e61?

almagoro

#23: Post by almagoro »

tomc - i'm glad to hear it's a gasket problem and not an issue with the shower.
I've had good results with the caffewerks 8-5mm-e61-silicone-brew-group-gasket.
there are small differences between the E61 compatible groups. you won't have these issues with other showers, cause they don't limit the pressure.

thank you for the update

truemagellen, just a disc won't work, because the pressure will flow around it. I've made a similar product with a silicone gasket "welded" to the disc and placed over the puck. it works, but the wear of the silicone made it pointless.
i'm not in favor of removing the shower. when you're working, you don't have time to remove a near-boiling hot filter before knocking out the coffee.

smite, We will definitely try to do adjust a solution for Decent. it's in the to-do list. as for la-marzocco and other center screwed groups, there's a solution but i can't develop it without an LM machine, and i can't invest in it now. I'm hoping LM and NS will offer their help once they see the advantages (and disadvantages) of this shower....

almagoro

#24: Post by almagoro »

yes! but when we'll be able to get LM, NS and all those other companies to work with us on developing their own model.
it requires test machines and 3D models we will need from them....

smite

#25: Post by smite »

If you want some testers with a GS3 or Decent I would be glad to assist :)

truemagellen

#26: Post by truemagellen »

almagoro wrote: truemagellen, just a disc won't work, because the pressure will flow around it. I've made a similar product with a silicone gasket "welded" to the disc and placed over the puck. it works, but the wear of the silicone made it pointless.
i'm not in favor of removing the shower. when you're working, you don't have time to remove a near-boiling hot filter before knocking out the coffee.
I'm having good luck with a screen over the puck to blunt the flow of the water in damaging the surface of the puck but it is just me...not a coffee shop. So I completely understand the need for a shower screen solution when you put it that way. Since I only use Lever machines the water coming in is already not very turbulent, it is just a matter of controlling that initial inflow of water...then it doesnt seem to matter for puck integrity.

I'll be interested to see how this goes, thank you for responding to me.

almagoro

#27: Post by almagoro »

hi all
i've posted a nice demo of the Matrix filter basket (the sister product of the Matrix shower screen) brewing liquorice roots

it will also be indiegogoed when the time comes....

bbender716

#28: Post by bbender716 »

I'm excited for this. I'm definitely interested in upgrading my shower screen and this looks to fit the bill. Might be worth developing knew for entry level Brevilles. Even though it's very specific, there are just so many out there that I feel like it would justify the product development cost.

smite

#29: Post by smite »

coffeeOnTheBrain wrote:Just so that there is a little more then an echo ;)

I got the info that the screens and baskets will be available late February or March 2021 on Amazon.
If this is true this is great news!

TomC (original poster)
Team HB

#30: Post by TomC (original poster) »

I've noticed for the last few weeks that I don't get the side sprays anymore.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/