Mary Travers (Peter, Paul and Mary) Espresso Machine

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
starry

#1: Post by starry »

Mary Travers has good taste in equipment. I see in this image I found at the Library of Congress....
https://www.loc.gov/pictures/resource/ds.06607/
Ralph Walter

mycatsnameisbernie

#2: Post by mycatsnameisbernie »

Photo is from 1965. I didn't know E61 machines for the home were available that long ago.

another_jim
Team HB

#3: Post by another_jim »

mycatsnameisbernie wrote: ... is from 1965. I didn't know E61 machines for the home were available that long ago.
It looks more like an old school steam driven group.
Jim Schulman

starry (original poster)

#4: Post by starry (original poster) »

I can't be 100% certain but this older thread has a photo of a spring-lever machine made by Olympia called the "Club". It looks like one of their first lever machines. The photo unfortunately is cropped at the top and doesn't show the handle, but it looks like the right one.
Olympia Club Restoration DIY Rebuild
Ralph Walter

guyy

#5: Post by guyy »

I don't think it's an Olympia Club. The group is more flared at the bottom on Mary Travers' machine. The switch is different and if there's a lever it's on the right side. Plus, that picture is from 1965 and someone in that thread reports that Olympia believes the earliest Club was from 1971.

Tillamook

#6: Post by Tillamook »

100% not an Olympia. It is a very early Sama.

NicoNYC

#7: Post by NicoNYC »

Tillamook wrote:!00% not a club. It is a very early Sama.
This sounds right to me. I've also seen similar machines badged under the "La Romana" name. With the same 3-pointed knobs, boiler fill cap exposed above the drip tray, and little vent slots on the side. I think I've even seen that (not-lever) group before, I can't find a photo of it now though.
LMWDP #718

Tillamook

#8: Post by Tillamook »

★ Helpful

Jeff
Team HB

#9: Post by Jeff »

As the image metadata indicates Rights Advisory: No known copyright restriction. For information see "New York World-Telegram & ...,"(http://www.loc.gov/rr/print/res/076_nyw.html), I have posted the referenced image here

starry (original poster)

#10: Post by starry (original poster) »

Yes, now I see it. It's a La Romana for sure.
Ralph Walter