LUCCA M58 by Quick Mill, reviews and owners thread - Page 41

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
shanec

Postby shanec » Nov 13, 2016, 3:44 pm

Did everyone here purchase the standard stainless side panels for their M58? I am still trying to decide between the M58 and the ECM Synchronika and I think I really like the walnut panels for the M58. I would love to see a few pictures of these in the wild, if they exist.

Do you know if Clive sells these separately so I could add this rather expensive option later? I assume that would be even more expensive path to take.

idrinkjetfuel

Postby idrinkjetfuel » Nov 14, 2016, 12:24 am

shanec wrote:Did everyone here purchase the standard stainless side panels for their M58? I am still trying to decide between the M58 and the ECM Synchronika and I think I really like the walnut panels for the M58. I would love to see a few pictures of these in the wild, if they exist.

Do you know if Clive sells these separately so I could add this rather expensive option later? I assume that would be even more expensive path to take.

IMO, the $895 upgrade is a considerable amount of money for wood bling. I anticipate that most M58 owners have not upgraded. I would suggest that you use that extra money to purchase a killer grinder. However, if you have the financial means, the wood kit is a beautiful addition. Good luck with your decision.

augkor

Postby augkor » Mar 25, 2017, 12:01 pm

After doing a backflush with Cafiza my E61 felt a little stiff. I normally just wait a day or so and it smoothes out from the coffee oils. However, I decided to try to lubricate it since I have had the machine for over a year. Unfortunately, I didn't pay attention when I was taking the handle off and now am not exactly sure where the lock washer is supposed to go in the reassembly procedure.

Does someone know for sure the sequence? I looked for instructions and videos and found a couple of things that show basic E61 reassembly. However, the M58 version seems slightly different.

Essentially, my question is, does the lock washer go on right before putting the handle back on the cam shaft or does it go on earlier in the reassembly process? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Moral of the story--be more careful when taking these things apart and don't do it at midnight :?

malling

Postby malling » Mar 25, 2017, 7:08 pm

mkrissel

Postby mkrissel » May 10, 2017, 10:03 pm

Anyone doing pre infusion with the m58? Any lessons learned?

rangerrick9211

Postby rangerrick9211 » Sep 13, 2017, 3:26 pm

What water specs are you guys running with the TEA boilers in the M58?

Just placed my order and will be running off reservoir for a while. Currently run my Silvia on Soma softened Houston water. Planning on building my own re-mineralized for the Lucca considering the investment.

Using LM's specs as reference, my first pass:
Total hardness of 53mg/l and alkalinity of 41mg/l. Using epsom salt, sulfate concentration is 50mg/l which is LM's max spec for their SS boilers. Are there concerns with sulfate corrosivity of TEA boilers?

Sponsored by baratza.com
www.baratza.com: skilled in the art of grinding