LUCCA M58 by Quick Mill, reviews and owners thread - Page 40

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Wacobipe

Postby Wacobipe » Aug 16, 2016, 12:54 am

My Lucca arrived today as planned...unfortunately for me it is now on the East coast, while I am on the west coast...I'll have to agonize over it until I arrive home Friday morning.

idrinkjetfuel

Postby idrinkjetfuel » Aug 16, 2016, 10:09 am

Tick tock, tick tock. The wait must be killing you :wink:
Good luck with your new acquisition!

gzim

Postby gzim » Aug 16, 2016, 5:18 pm

Wacobipe wrote:My Lucca arrived today as planned...unfortunately for me it is now on the East coast, while I am on the west coast...I'll have to agonize over it until I arrive home Friday morning.

<image>

I've had mine since May, and I am still thrilled every morning when I get to make us great espresso!
Good luck and enjoy...

Wacobipe

Postby Wacobipe » Aug 19, 2016, 12:03 am

Good to hear...I'm on the red eye from SFO tonight...should be caffeinating myself by noon tomorrow!

zoneinfo

Postby zoneinfo » Oct 31, 2016, 9:33 pm

matseski wrote:I cannot get the drip try to sit firmly. No matter how I try to seat it, it wobbles around as the side rails are not in contact with the length of the removable tray when fully inserted. I am having a hard time seeing exactly what is hitting, but it seems like the plug or the beveled area around the plug is resting on the bottom of the chassis as it wobbles pretty freely about the center point.

Is this normal, am I just installing it incorrectly, or is my tray not quite right?

clivecoffee wrote:The clearance between the frame and the drip tray is very close. I know some people who have installed a little strip of rubber or cork on the underside of the drip tray to give a little more grip and clearance.

Do most/all of the M58's have wobbly drip trays like the one shown in this video (i.e., "is this normal"?) or is this unusual?

clivecoffee
Sponsor

Postby clivecoffee » Nov 01, 2016, 11:31 pm

Hi Josh (and anyone else that is interested),

Sorry if this question was not clearly spoken to before. This is definitely not the expectation we have for the machine, and the rare occasions it has happened have been from little tweaks in shipping (which our tech department has been able to coach through remedying). It seems like the previously posted solution of applying some adhesive rubber feet is also helpful for keeping the drip tray secure. But our techs also have been discussing future solutions with Quick Mill. A very small percentage of M58 owners post on the forums, so definitely contact the Clive team if you ever want to hear more data about the history of these machines.

Thanks!
@BP
http://www.CliveCoffee.com
@MH Mark Hellweg | @BP Ben Piff

Shife

Postby Shife » Nov 02, 2016, 3:13 pm

My drip tray is like that. I don't even notice it anymore. The chassis will flex some, so if the machine seems like it is a bit askew on your counter give it a week or so. Mine flattened out and is rock solid.

zoneinfo

Postby zoneinfo » Nov 02, 2016, 5:42 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply :)

Foerster99

Postby Foerster99 » Nov 12, 2016, 8:53 pm

sarends wrote:City - Fort Collins, CO

Great pressure - good for washing the car etc. Full blast is too much out of a garden hose for most "garden hose tasks".

Hello. I was wondering how your water was in ft COLLINS. I am getting a lucca in denver and I have not tested the water yet. Did you need a softener ?

Foerster99

Postby Foerster99 » Nov 12, 2016, 8:58 pm

TRock wrote:I just wanted to thank everyone for their informative posts. I've been considering upgrading from my Rancilio Silvia for some time now and have found many of your posts extremely helpful. After months of researching I've come to the determination that the Lucca M58 is the machine for me and I put in my order last week with Ben from Clive Coffee. Now it's just a matter of waiting till they come from Italy... In the meantime does anyone see any reason why I can't get the plumbing started so that when it arrives it saves me a bit of time and if you have any tips that haven't been posted about plumbing I'd appreciate any input. Thanks and I'll post pics as soon as it arrives!

I'm in denver aLso... how did you end up treating the water with the plumbed in m58? Softner?

Sponsored by baratza.com
www.baratza.com: skilled in the art of grinding