LUCCA M58 by Quick Mill, reviews and owners thread - Page 40

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
zoneinfo

#391: Post by zoneinfo »

matseski wrote:I cannot get the drip try to sit firmly. No matter how I try to seat it, it wobbles around as the side rails are not in contact with the length of the removable tray when fully inserted. I am having a hard time seeing exactly what is hitting, but it seems like the plug or the beveled area around the plug is resting on the bottom of the chassis as it wobbles pretty freely about the center point.

Is this normal, am I just installing it incorrectly, or is my tray not quite right?
clivecoffee wrote:The clearance between the frame and the drip tray is very close. I know some people who have installed a little strip of rubber or cork on the underside of the drip tray to give a little more grip and clearance.
Do most/all of the M58's have wobbly drip trays like the one shown in this video (i.e., "is this normal"?) or is this unusual?

clivecoffee
Sponsor

#392: Post by clivecoffee »

Hi Josh (and anyone else that is interested),

Sorry if this question was not clearly spoken to before. This is definitely not the expectation we have for the machine, and the rare occasions it has happened have been from little tweaks in shipping (which our tech department has been able to coach through remedying). It seems like the previously posted solution of applying some adhesive rubber feet is also helpful for keeping the drip tray secure. But our techs also have been discussing future solutions with Quick Mill. A very small percentage of M58 owners post on the forums, so definitely contact the Clive team if you ever want to hear more data about the history of these machines.

Thanks!
@BP

Advertisement
Shife

#393: Post by Shife »

My drip tray is like that. I don't even notice it anymore. The chassis will flex some, so if the machine seems like it is a bit askew on your counter give it a week or so. Mine flattened out and is rock solid.

zoneinfo

#394: Post by zoneinfo »

Thanks for the prompt reply :)

Foerster99

#395: Post by Foerster99 »

sarends wrote:City - Fort Collins, CO

Great pressure - good for washing the car etc. Full blast is too much out of a garden hose for most "garden hose tasks".

Hello. I was wondering how your water was in ft COLLINS. I am getting a lucca in denver and I have not tested the water yet. Did you need a softener ?

Foerster99

#396: Post by Foerster99 »

TRock wrote:I just wanted to thank everyone for their informative posts. I've been considering upgrading from my Rancilio Silvia for some time now and have found many of your posts extremely helpful. After months of researching I've come to the determination that the Lucca M58 is the machine for me and I put in my order last week with Ben from Clive Coffee. Now it's just a matter of waiting till they come from Italy... In the meantime does anyone see any reason why I can't get the plumbing started so that when it arrives it saves me a bit of time and if you have any tips that haven't been posted about plumbing I'd appreciate any input. Thanks and I'll post pics as soon as it arrives!

I'm in denver aLso... how did you end up treating the water with the plumbed in m58? Softener?

shanec

#397: Post by shanec »

Did everyone here purchase the standard stainless side panels for their M58? I am still trying to decide between the M58 and the ECM Synchronika and I think I really like the walnut panels for the M58. I would love to see a few pictures of these in the wild, if they exist.

Do you know if Clive sells these separately so I could add this rather expensive option later? I assume that would be even more expensive path to take.

Advertisement
idrinkjetfuel

#398: Post by idrinkjetfuel replying to shanec »

IMO, the $895 upgrade is a considerable amount of money for wood bling. I anticipate that most M58 owners have not upgraded. I would suggest that you use that extra money to purchase a killer grinder. However, if you have the financial means, the wood kit is a beautiful addition. Good luck with your decision.

augkor

#399: Post by augkor »

After doing a backflush with Cafiza my E61 felt a little stiff. I normally just wait a day or so and it smoothes out from the coffee oils. However, I decided to try to lubricate it since I have had the machine for over a year. Unfortunately, I didn't pay attention when I was taking the handle off and now am not exactly sure where the lock washer is supposed to go in the reassembly procedure.

Does someone know for sure the sequence? I looked for instructions and videos and found a couple of things that show basic E61 reassembly. However, the M58 version seems slightly different.

Essentially, my question is, does the lock washer go on right before putting the handle back on the cam shaft or does it go on earlier in the reassembly process? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Moral of the story--be more careful when taking these things apart and don't do it at midnight :?

malling

#400: Post by malling »