LSM 85-Prac-16m: Rookie help please

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
ProfHerb

#1: Post by ProfHerb »

I just bought a 2004 LSM 85. I'm trying to find a manual. There is a link to a manual on this site but it times out and will not load. This is my first foray into restoring a cappuccino machine. I've restored cars with the help of manuals and experts. I'm very ignorant of the systems involved in my LSM. I hooked it up to RO filtered water and plugged it in. Lights come on and I hear solenoids firing. I've opened it up and I don't see anything that resembles a pump. I've read references about an external pump. There is an extra wire besides the power cord that's hot when I push certain switches. I realize these are really ignorant questions. A manual would go a long way to help.
Thanks!

Jeff
Team HB

#2: Post by Jeff »

I can't help you with a manual, but I can give a hint on the pump. Commercial machines often locate the pump remotely. There will be switched power coming from the machine for the motor. The pump usually connects with braided line to a threaded fitting. Check the threads carefully. They are often parallel BSPP and not the tapered NPT.

ProfHerb (original poster)

#3: Post by ProfHerb (original poster) »

Thanks! Here might I find specs on this pump?