Low pump pressure question - La Scala Carmen

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
amblik

#1: Post by amblik »

Hi again,
Just finding my way around my new machine, and one thing has got me puzzled ?
I can pour a shot with good water flow and relatively good crema. The coffee tastes OK, but I'm new to the machine and it needs to be set up for me. The puck is dry and not swimming, but at its peak the pump pressure hits 2-3 bar only. I must add that as I am just TESTING it before installing it, it is not plumbed into a pressurised water source, but drawing from a static tank - I would've thought the pump itself creates the pressure, but if this is the problem - apologies for being such an arse !
I have tweaked the pump pressure screw both ways ( I assume tighten IN would increase pressure ?) but no joy on raising it to the recommended 9 bar operating pressure. I don't want to OPEN it too much in case it comes loose and shoots across the room !
Could this just be a problem with the manometer ? It sits at zero when at rest, so even if it had moved, I assume it would reset itself once cold.
I can trace the manometer feed to large valve assembly under the drip tray - should I start to get stuck-into dismantling this ?
Please make this a simple one !
Regards
garp