Low budget pressure profiling Welhome KD-310VP & KD-310VPS - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
mgwolf
Supporter ♡

#11: Post by mgwolf »

Maybe I missed it, but does this have vibe pumps? Why 3 pumps?

weebit_nutty (original poster)

#12: Post by weebit_nutty (original poster) »

Yes. Two vibe pumps for simultaneous steam & brew. It has three thermoblocks for super fast steam, brew, and hot water dispensing.
You're not always right, but when you're right, you're right, right?

Advertisement
disaster999

#13: Post by disaster999 »

Hi all,

I have the Welhome KD-310 for roughly 3 years now and, to me, it has been a good machine. I was relatively new to espresso and didnt really do my research, and quite frankly just too trusting on the manufacture's claim so I bought the machine and been using it ever since. being a thermal block machine it heats up pretty quickly and has enough steaming power for me to take my time to get good foam from it.

It wasnt until yesterday I discovered something I thought was a problem in my machine. I never really measure the water coming out of the grouphead and was curious about over the weekend, so I let the machine warm up, for a good 30-40 mins, flushed water out from the group head for a few seconds, then just let water run out the group head while measuring the water temp with a thermometer. I double check the thermometer with water out of my water heater and it does read close to 95c and to preheat the thermometer before I measure water temp from the grouphead.

To my surprise, water coming out of the grouphead was only at ~70c max. I thought this was very wrong so I asked my friend, who owns another Welhome machine, to check his water temps and his machine was about to produce temperatures of around 85c. I called up the local Welhome seller to see what they have to say and they said that it is quite normal for my machine to output water at this temp since the preset temp on the machine is for the thermal block temperature and not exactly water temp exiting the thermal block so it is normal for water to be heated up only to around 70c...and its perfectly fine and normal to extract coffees at this temp :shock: . I found another place that sells this machine and talked to their barista about my problem and he too confirms that water temps of ~70c is perfect for coffee extraction and its normal. I was mind blown about this :shock: :shock: . I did a quick google search just to make sure Im not going insane and everywhere I looked everyone was telling me espresso extraction should be around 90-96c.

SO...is my machine messed up? or what manufacture said about 70c water temp and brewing temps is true?