Lelit MaraX - Page 67

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
oksako

#661: Post by oksako »

Does anyone ever tried making 4-6 cappuccinos with the mara x?
  • what would be the brew temperature for the last espresso?
  • would one switch back and forth between brewing and steaming or first brew all espresso then steam milk for all drinks?
  • would one have to wait during brewing/steaming for temperature stabilization?
Thanks!

chaumein

#662: Post by chaumein » replying to oksako »

I've only done 3, but I use coffee priority mode and would just pull 3 shots in a row, then steam a large pitcher of milk for all of them. In the case of 4-6, I would do the same but split the shots so I wouldn't have to pull as many.

Lets go

#663: Post by Lets go »

Hi!

Just picked up a new Mara X v2 today. When I turn it on after filling the water tank and fitting the included water filter the machine just dumps the contents of the tank into the drip tray instead of filling the boiler. What do I do?

Bjoern1987

#664: Post by Bjoern1987 »

doesnt it takes a few minutes to fill the hole system? i just started mine and it took a while. i did it like its written down in the instruction

Lets go

#665: Post by Lets go » replying to Bjoern1987 »

Hi!

I followed the manual too. It ran straight through like 4 or 5 tank refills before I gave up. The pump just goes on. Don't know exactly how long that took but it was definitely more than the 4 minutes stated in the manual. That's way more water than it should take to fill up the boiler anyway. It looks like the drip tray fills at about the same rate as the water in the tank drains.

When I lifted the machine out of the box some water dripped out of the brew group discharge valve so I guess someone along the line actually tested the machine, and since the group is "after" the boiler it probably worked fine at that point. I'm really stumped. I went to a brick-and-mortar shop to pick up the machine myself to avoid any hassle.

chaumein

#666: Post by chaumein »

What kind of water are you using? I was using RO water at first and it was causing this issue but was a bit inconsistent. Once it warmed up it would eventually stop flushing.

Once I added some minerals it helped. Did you contract your local shop that you got it from?

Bjoern1987

#667: Post by Bjoern1987 »

am i getting you right: your lever is down and it just ran through?

Lets go

#668: Post by Lets go »

chaumein wrote:What kind of water are you using? I was using RO water at first and it was causing this issue but was a bit inconsistent. Once it warmed up it would eventually stop flushing.

Once I added some minerals it helped. Did you contract your local shop that you got it from?
Regular tap water, both with and without the resin filter installed in the tank. I installed the filter at first because i figured that's how I'll run the machine. The "first startup" section in the included manual doesn't mention the filter. The extended manual online does however mention the filter and states that it should not be installed for the first startup so I tried without it. Same result.

I'm gonna call the shop as soon as they open.
Bjoern1987 wrote:am i getting you right: your lever is down and it just ran through?
Exactly!

DaveC

#669: Post by DaveC »

oksako wrote:Does anyone ever tried making 4-6 cappuccinos with the mara x?
  • what would be the brew temperature for the last espresso?
  • would one switch back and forth between brewing and steaming or first brew all espresso then steam milk for all drinks?
  • would one have to wait during brewing/steaming for temperature stabilization?
Thanks!
It's all in my review for the V1 machine, wait times between shots, temperatures...etc..Including steaming advice. If using it in the new V2 modes, as long as your set in steam boost, that's basically similar to the old non HX mode. In fact the V2 software was my idea, to loose HX completely and concentrate on espresso only and a slightly improved steam boost mode.

https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpres ... -progress/

Mesc81

#670: Post by Mesc81 »

I do really wanted to do this (bought the voltage sensor already!) but i'm a bit scared of cutting / splicing wires...). Do you need to re-programme the Nodemcu if you remove the reel and add a voltage sensor?