Lelit MaraX - Page 63

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
spopinski

#621: Post by spopinski »

Usually you will need to append the code to the sketch.

Biarritz

#622: Post by Biarritz »

Yes, but the question is what code?

When looking at the examples in the 'Timer' library I see 4 options:
  • blink2
  • kitchen_sink
  • pin_high_10_mins
  • read_AO_flashLED
My guess is to use 'kitchen_sink' but this makes no sense to me.

Biarritz

#623: Post by Biarritz »

For those who are struggling with the same problem and are looking for the CODE go here:

https://github.com/alexander-heimbuch/m ... /main/main

Open the main.ino from Arduino IDE after importing all the libraries.

Biarritz

#624: Post by Biarritz »

Next question:

My timer is not starting. I have tried to put the reed sensor on different places on the pump: https://www.tinytronics.nl/shop/nl/scha ... et-magneet
Also added some aluminium tape on top like the picture: https://github.com/alexander-heimbuch/m ... s/pump.jpg
I have the latest version of the Marax with the black logo.

Any ideas?

borez

#625: Post by borez replying to Biarritz »

I just completed my build (including the reed sensor install), and it worked on the first try. On the reed sensor, there shouldn't be any issue if you install in the same location as the photos. Likely it's a problem with your pinouts to your board?

Separately, am trying to create an Home Assistant automation, to notify when the coffee machine is warmed up. Has anyone discovered the ideal conditions (i.e. brew/steamer temperature, steam power state) in determining when the machine is ready?

fl13dl1c3

#626: Post by fl13dl1c3 »

Hey everyone,
This is my first machine, just purchased this past week. I have it set up in brew priority mode, and the temperature setting I (on the left side).

I've noticed that my steam pressure never gets to 1.5 bars, it maxes out at the reading right between 1 and 1.5 bars, assume 1.25 bars? This is after I pull a shot, or if I activate the lever and flush the steam wand to get the steam to pressure.

I've seen other workflows and videos of users that have their steam pressure at 1.5 bars so I'm wondering if there's something wrong with my machine? For what it's worth, while steaming the pressure stays right around 1 bar - so I can still steam my milk, but not at the same speed or temperature.

Any insight? Thanks!

another_jim
Team HB

#627: Post by another_jim »

Check the priority mode si set right. In brew priority, the pressure should rise to well above 2 bar on the initial warmup; and a small flush of through the group should goose the boiler pressure to about 2 bar (useful for steaming). Also, when the machine is idling, the boiler pressure can drift down to around 0.8 bar
Jim Schulman

theandyman85

#628: Post by theandyman85 »

Does anyone have a picture of their lever switch they can share? Specifically so I can see how many threads protrude out of the machine. I just recieved my MaraX and I believe based on the behavior when I turn it on (it acts like the lever is up when it is actually down and immediately boots to the stand by adjust mode) it might be prodruding out more than it should be.

fl13dl1c3

#629: Post by fl13dl1c3 »

another_jim wrote:Check the priority mode si set right. In brew priority, the pressure should rise to well above 2 bar on the initial warmup; and a small flush of through the group should goose the boiler pressure to about 2 bar (useful for steaming). Also, when the machine is idling, the boiler pressure can drift down to around 0.8 bar
The machine is set to brew priority (x mode)
While the machine heats up, I saw a max pressure of 2 bars.
The boiler pressure ranges from 0.5 - 0.8 bar after the machine has fully heated up, prior to brewing any espresso.

I've tried all combinations of temperature settings and brew mode and steam mode, none result in steam pressure ever going above 1.25 bars prior to using the steam wand.

another_jim
Team HB

#630: Post by another_jim »

It sounds like it's working about right, although not as aggressively as my test machine.

In my test machine, if you flushed water through the group, so that it cooled; the steam pressure rose to about 1.75 to 2 bar to heat up the thermosyphon flow. I did that just before steaming when I wanted to goose it.
Jim Schulman