Lelit MaraX - Page 62

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
another_jim
Team HB

#611: Post by another_jim »

With E61s you are not getting a saturated or actively controlled group. You will get shots within about a 2C window. This is true with a DB E61 or the Mara X. Monitoring the group head temp and flushing will get you the same precision on an HX E61. No amount of tweaking will get you any closer, since the group responds too slowly to control inputs, and drifts in temperature during the shot and recovery.

Being able to have three 2C windows, cool, medium and hot, for making shots, has always been enough control for me. The Mara X, with its three settings performs the same in this respect as DB E61s, since the 1F or !C settings on their PIDs only sets the average of the 2C shot window People who need more precision should get another machine.
Jim Schulman
★ Helpful

dandua98

#612: Post by dandua98 »

Should I time my shots from first drip on the Mara or from the moment I raise the lever? The pre-infusion is 10-12s for me so ideal time from lever pull is mostly around 40s, which seems way off from what you'd see online. I know it doesn't matter as long as I time from the same point consistently, but I find it tough to compare notes online with my longer times

cricketrulez

#613: Post by cricketrulez »

Have had the machine for about 9 months. I'm beginning to notice some issues with the second shot. Here is the sequence

1) froth milk
2) pull shot. so far so good
3) clean porta filter (1 gap?)
4) froth milk (1-2 min?)
5) pull shot: machine clogs up with same amount of coffee and grind setting.

This sequence is very reproducible

Is the group head cooing that much between the shots?

CR

twjacobsen

#614: Post by twjacobsen »

Reply moved to other thread

Jeff
Team HB

#615: Post by Jeff »

natew
Supporter ♡

#616: Post by natew »

I did the MaraX timer mod (it's awesome). I noticed some weirdness periodically where it shows gibberish characters on the display.

Here is what it looks like: https://share.icloud.com/photos/0214HC8 ... wWyielXu_A

Not sure if this could be a loose wire or something else entirely.

Hoping to do OPV to tank tomorrow and install my flow kit. Great machine!

natew
Supporter ♡

#617: Post by natew » replying to natew »

Turns out an inadequate power adapter can do this with the OLED display O_o. Who knew.

herbibore

#618: Post by herbibore »

I'm trying to swap all of the plastic components on my MaraX to the brown walnut wood that is so appealing on the Bianca.
  • The knobs and lever parts were available as a kit from Amazon international storefront on Amazon.com for around $80 shipped, which was a great start.
  • The only place I've found with the matching flow control paddle from the Bianca is from 1st-line, but it's $80 on its own, which feels a little bit extravagant if I can avoid it. Are there any other suppliers who would ship this to the US?
  • The walnut bottomless portafilter from Lelit is pretty much sold out everywhere. Are there any other good options that would match nicely? I'm considering going with the XT portafilter from Cafelat in walnut, which is very well reviewed, but I'm not sure if it matches (or is worth the extra $$$).
I see so many "Bianca-fied" Maras online - any tips would be appreciated!

luvmy40

#619: Post by luvmy40 » replying to herbibore »

I don't have a specific source for you but, check on etsy. I know there are a few people doing custom wood for espresso machines there. I know I've seen several ads for custom portafilter handles.

Biarritz

#620: Post by Biarritz »

I was hoping that somebody can help me with the Timer mod for the Lelit MaraX.

https://github.com/alexrus/marax_timer

I have purchased all hardware and got the 0.96 Oled screen working with some examples. I have a lot of experience with a Raspberry Pi so this is my first Arduino project.

The next step is to apply the code for the timer. What I read is that there are some depended libraries that I need to add.
I did that, but my next question is how do I upload this to the Raduino. There is no code used that includes these libraries.

Please give me some guidance.