Lelit MaraX - Page 55

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
disq

#541: Post by disq »

Yeah the 6mm thing worked fine, the problem is the hose is a little thick so it's a pain to route and the water tank cover won't close any more. Maybe I should reduce it to a softer aquarium hose and use that.

Getting into the machine was OK, I watched the MaraX Internal Tour video before starting. The allen head screw at the back is 2.5mm, be prepared (I had my iFixit kit) and the Philips screws seem to be PH2. (PH1 also works but it's not great, easy to slip)

Putting the side/back cover back was a little fiddly and took the longest. Maybe a "How we close the PL62X back cover here at the Lelit factory" video from Lelit Insider is needed :)

Original situation:

After replacing the cross joiner Y

That's what you're left with afterwards:

Routed the hose after a few maneuvers inside to shorten the lead without cutting:

Water tank cover won't close completely, doesn't look very good:

It even popped up once:

Squeezed it in with a narrower angle, seems OK but only time will tell:

So, next steps: shorten the hose (or completely replace it with a similar hose) and get a coupling and a narrower hose to get it easily squeezed up to the water tank. Another option is to use some kind of hot stick (side of a soldering iron comes to mind) to melt some of the water tank and make a U-shaped slot for the hose.

rusalexro

#542: Post by rusalexro »

Sweet, it looks really nice.

I make a small cut in the corner of the reservoir so that the hose and lid work together, this way I can close the lid perfectly.

One other thing, my hose is pretty long, and this helps to keep it in place.

disq

#543: Post by disq »

After your reply I unscrewed the top plate and got more of the hose from the inside (I had tied around other hoses to make it shorter and secure) and it's better now, at least the chances of it popping up randomly is now fixed.

iseebirdsfly

#544: Post by iseebirdsfly »

I had the machine for 3 months now. A couple of days ago I turned it on in the morning and the pump does not stop working while the water is coming out from OPV. I read that there is an electric conductivity sensor that should detect water in the boiler so I assume it is failing. I use bottled soft water and was using the same water from the start.
So after some random actions like moving the machine a bit taking the reservoir out and putting it back and turning off/of it did detect that boiler is full but it happens again next day. 3 days in a row now. I even tried tap water cause I read that if water does not have enough conductivity then the sensor will fail. But it does not help. Surprisingly it seems to work all day fine after it manages to turn on and heat up.
Any ideas if I can solve it myself? Can I access the sensor to see if it needs cleaning or something? Maybe I should try to add descaler into water? As I said I use soft (not distilled) water meant for coffee machines and such.

Eres

#545: Post by Eres »

disq wrote:Yeah the 6mm thing worked fine, the problem is the hose is a little thick so it's a pain to route and the water tank cover won't close any more. Maybe I should reduce it to a softer aquarium hose and use that.
Great info, many thanks!

Eres

#546: Post by Eres »

So I did the OPV output reroute as well. Got a 5mm Y connector :)
Turns out that in my machine, two of those hoses were 5mm ID and one 6mm,so I've secured that one with a bit of wire.
Did the water tank corner cut out and looking how to make a nicer opening in the metal plate between the boiler and tank. Quite sharp edges.
I've got the flow control kit installed and this is now more liberating :lol:
I've also turned down the OPV to 8.5 bar with a blind disc.

disq

#547: Post by disq »

I finally measured the amount of water discharged from the OPV today. 85ml of water was reclaimed in my 38.6g (~49 seconds) shot. That's quite a lot.

Lbc3000

#548: Post by Lbc3000 »

Hello all, maybe you can help ease our fears a little.

This morning we were refilling the water reservoir and the cup slipped a little - about 1/4 cup of water fell into the top of the Mara X :( the slits in the warming tray just let it all run right through.

We unplugged and opened up the machine. It looks like a lot of the water just evaporated right away given the boiler was already very hot, but there is still some standing water in spots, including on wires. We're letting it air out for a day.

My question is, assuming it even turns on and heats properly, how do we know it's safe to use? I'm worried about the water that might have hit any electrical parts. There are no bad smells coming from the machine, so I don't think anything was "fried" in the moment. I imagine these things are built knowing some idiots like us would accidentally spill water in it and aren't too sensitive to water but not sure.

My main concern is the safey temperature gauge I read that is there to prevent the machine overheating and exploding, which would be... Bad... But I don't know if there's anything electrical about that gauge or not.

Or maybe we're overthinking this and it'll be all fine when it dries? :( it's hard not to overthink on a $1500 machine though, hah!

Eres

#549: Post by Eres replying to Lbc3000 »

If you leave it to dry and it then works, you should be fine I think. There are two overheat protection fuses and one overpressure safety valve so this should be quite redundant imo

Srexy

#550: Post by Srexy »

Just received mine today - it replaces a 15 year old Pasquini Livia 90 that finally eclipsed my DIY repair skills (plus it was bloody hard to pull a decent shot out of...)

First shot after warm up and a good long flush was outstanding!!