Lelit MaraX - Page 43

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Eres

#421: Post by Eres »

holybean wrote:do you find that the wand purge reliably wakes the boiler? i've been doing a 2 oz flush for the same reason...
So far so good

Blackbrickoncorner

#422: Post by Blackbrickoncorner »

AlexK2100 wrote:what do you think about this video?
Nice video!
Did your machine come with the wood accents?

redhairs

#423: Post by redhairs »

I'm very interesting in this machine and closed to place order after reading many positive comments here, but wondering if those broken part issues due to shipping damage have been solved ? since I don't have confidence to open and repair a newly received hardware.

chelidon

#424: Post by chelidon replying to redhairs »

I'll have a data point for you soon, mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow...

chelidon

#425: Post by chelidon »

redhairs wrote:I'm very interesting in this machine and closed to place order after reading many positive comments here, but wondering if those broken part issues due to shipping damage have been solved ? since I don't have confidence to open and repair a newly received hardware.
My Mara X arrived last night from 1st Line, and it was packed about as well as I've seen anything packed, and there was zero damage. I'm waiting for my new flat burr grinder (arriving today), so tests have been using an old backup Breville Smart Grinder that is really not adequate to the task, but everything is working as it should, and I am a happy camper. I'll be putting in my group head thermometer today, but it seems to be keeping a reasonably even temp without flushes as designed, and steam pressure is good. The standard pre-infusion is very nice, and I am getting shots suitable for milk drinks even with a grind that is too coarse and not consistent enough (21g in 44g out, 20+ sec not including pre-infusion). Two thumbs up so far.

redhairs

#426: Post by redhairs replying to chelidon »

Glad to learn and thanks for your comments
Is your pre-order End of July or Mid August?

bluetuna11

#427: Post by bluetuna11 »

I received my Mara X on Monday August the 10th. This was a pre order from 1st Line for end of July, tentative fulfillment date. Ordered placed, if my memory is correct, June 23. Hope this helps. Stay caffeinated, John

chaumein

#428: Post by chaumein »

I received my MaraX from 1st line yesterday. I opened it up, and saw some water at the bottom under the reservoir area so I let it dry until today. I filled up the water tank and put it in, then powered on the machine. The water light won't stop blinking and it seems like water isn't getting into the system.

There was a sticker on the box to say to remove the zip tie from the bottom of the machine prior to turning it on, but I didn't see one of those. I'm waiting to hear back from 1st line - but am I missing anything or did something break with my machine during shipping?

chipman

#429: Post by chipman »

Hope you get your new machine squared away, but wonder why not just call 1st-line instead of waiting for a email reply?

chaumein

#430: Post by chaumein replying to chipman »

Tried calling the number. It just says "Your call cannot be completed at this time. Please try again later".

- found out the above was happening because I had wi-fi calling on. I think their system blocks such calls. I turned it and was able to get through - now just waiting for Jim to call me back.