Lelit MaraX - Page 34

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Efrain

#331: Post by Efrain »

AlexK2100 wrote:And someone please make a video on replacing the preinfusion spring since I found only two and it only shows how to replace the injector and filter and put the paddle
Check this 1st line video installing the Lelit kit on a Bezzera, the only thing his not doing is removing the bottom drain spring and cam, since some machines don't have it, (Bianca doesn't have the drain spring and cam) its the last section of the bottom of the E61, its easier to remove the drain spring first then remove the whole bottom section to install the preinfusion spring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYiDqRgJ7u4

AlexK2100

#332: Post by AlexK2100 »

Efrain wrote:Check this 1st line video installing the Lelit kit on a Bezzera, the only thing his not doing is removing the bottom drain spring and cam, since some machines don't have it, (Bianca doesn't have the drain spring and cam) its the last section of the bottom of the E61, its easier to remove the drain spring first then remove the whole bottom section to install the preinfusion spring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYiDqRgJ7u4

thank you very much indeed

Advertisement
1st-line
Sponsor

#333: Post by 1st-line »

Efrain wrote:I emailed Lelit, and they said install it, and remove the lower drawing spring and cam. The new spring tension is stronger than the one on the Mara X, that's why they say remove the small drain spring and cam, The Bianca doesn't have a drain spring or cam either.
Lelit advised me after the video to remove the bottom spring.
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC

AlexK2100

#334: Post by AlexK2100 replying to 1st-line »

remove re replace to kit spring?

Efrain

#335: Post by Efrain replying to AlexK2100 »

You replace the spring 1300000 (bottom one) like on the video on my previous post and the holder 2200092 with the ones on the kit.
Remove the drain spring and cam that I circled in red, and put them away save them, since with the flow kit they are not required as Lelit and 1st-Line Equipment has stated to me.

Noisette

#336: Post by Noisette »

What would be an ideal brew time for a double espresso? Some suggest it should be longer than usual, round 35-40 seconds.

iseebirdsfly

#337: Post by iseebirdsfly replying to Noisette »

I only have the machine for two weeks but I dial my espresso to my taste :roll:. My times for medium roast SO beans 1:2 extraction, temperature 1 are in the range 28s - 32s from starting the pump.

Don't get attached to 1:2 extraction. I tried dark espresso blend before and it was getting salty with longer extraction so for these beans I had to set temp setting to 0, 1:1.5 extraction and 26s to get chocolate taste. Dialling sour - bitter is straightforward. Saltiness confused me at first. Then I switched to medium roast SO it was more inline to general recommendations.

Advertisement
Soharu

#338: Post by Soharu »

Is the PL62X and the PL62T the same lelit mara system? just one with a visual pid vs one without? am confused.

skansen

#339: Post by skansen »

PL62T is "old" model with "classic" PID controlling temperature of steam boiler.

PL62X is new model, with bigger boiler, newly designed PID controlling temperature of exchanger and some other minor improvements.

GregoryJ

#340: Post by GregoryJ »

Soharu wrote:Is the PL62X and the PL62T the same lelit mara system? just one with a visual pid vs one without? am confused.
No, the PL62T is the standard HX machine that tries to keep the boiler temperature stable at a high, steaming, temperature. The user performs a cooling flush before brewing.

The PL62X, aka MaraX, being discussed here controls the boiler temperature to keep the machine ready and waiting at brewing temperature. When a shot is brewed, the heating element will turn on for some time to allow for proper steaming of milk after the shot if required.