Lelit MaraX Pump Installed in Mara - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
randyr5 (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#11: Post by randyr5 (original poster) »

Quick update: all has been good with the new pump. A couple of days ago I added the Quick Mill Pulsor to the end of the pump. It went from quieter to extremely quiet - for a vibe pump.

I also started using an IMS/Baristapro filter basket. After dialing in the new basket, the shots are much improved, tastier. Didn't think a basket would make that much of a difference. I was previously using an HQ/espressoparts basket.

NotThatGuyAgain111

#12: Post by NotThatGuyAgain111 »

I have a plan to change the pump on my Lelit Victoria for a MaraX and to add a Quick Mill pulsor as well. How did you fit the pulsor? Any additional junctions or other things to order for the connection. Do you happen to have a picture from the pump and pulsor connected? Main issue with Lelit Victoria is it's all so cramped and pulsor creates a 90deg turn as well.

DavidB

#13: Post by DavidB »

Curious if anyone else has tried the 2mm restrictor swap, and if there are any reports of reliability issues?

randyr5 (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#14: Post by randyr5 (original poster) »

NotThatGuyAgain111 wrote:I have a plan to change the pump on my Lelit Victoria for a MaraX and to add a Quick Mill pulsor as well. How did you fit the pulsor? Any additional junctions or other things to order for the connection. Do you happen to have a picture from the pump and pulsor connected? Main issue with Lelit Victoria is it's all so cramped and pulsor creates a 90deg turn as well.
I have to open up the machine in the next day or two for some maintenance. I'll take some pics then.

NotThatGuyAgain111

#15: Post by NotThatGuyAgain111 »

I did the swap already. All fitted well. I gained 10 db reduction in noise and the sound pitch is more pleasant. Ajusted opv from 10 to 8.5. It's all better now, but interestingly it already had an OLAB pump. Although different model, but same exact fit and look. I did notice a slower and more delayed ramp up.
Lelit victoria motor swap and adding pulsor

huntercoffee168

#16: Post by huntercoffee168 »

I also bought a silen pump to replace the MaraW but the result was not so good. Pump pressure is quite weak. Can you guide me the correct way to replace it?

dilin

#17: Post by dilin »

Did you adjust the OPV accordingly?

NotThatGuyAgain111

#18: Post by NotThatGuyAgain111 »

By design it is slower pump. Some break in takes about 2 days to a week. Although pump is self primed, you may have to use syringe to manual prime. Also takes many shots to get the air out of the system. After 2 weeks if pump starts to build pressure after 10 seconds and ramp up is slow and steady, then it works as should. MaraX pump is not slow, but original pump is too fast.