Lelit Elizabeth v3 - Programming question

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
AMO

#1: Post by AMO »

Hello everyone,

Thrilled to have discovered this forum as a result of hours (days) reasearching espresso machines - and thanks to information culled here, I purchased the LE v3.

So here's my question:

I have not programmed button 1 (1 cup)

I have programmed button 2 (2 cups) and it's looking good for the moment.

What happens if for 2 cups I really want to play around now with Pre Infusion, brew time, temps etc ? Do I have to zero out what I programmed?

Could I use button N° 1?

Thank you for your help!

Andrée

DaveC

#2: Post by DaveC replying to AMO »

You can have button 2 set up with one preinfusion time and shot time, with button one having no preinfusion or a different preinfusion time and shot time.

Then simply turn the steam boiler off if you don't want steam preinfusion or on if you do. Steam preinfusion replaces bloom phase preinfusion, if preinfusion is set to on for that button.

Note, the steam boiler does not have to be cool for steam preinfusion not to run, as soon as you switch it off, steam preinfusion is disabled and only ordinary preinfusion works.

I did a review of the Elizabeth with 3 microsoft sways...the review, the LCC Advanced Settings, Pro Tips and maintenance. They can be found at this link and are smartphone viewable, PC viewable or printable to .pdf. I think you will find them helpful, as it was me that asked and specified the redesign of the version 2 to become the Version 3 unit.

https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpres ... elizabeth/

if you switch it on and it's cold, only normal preinfusion works until it reaches the set temp....then steam preinfusion works.

AMO (original poster)

#3: Post by AMO (original poster) »

Hi Dave!

Yes, I know your fab videos and super helpful guides!!!

Is button one literally really only 1 cup? or is it just a name?

for example if I wanted to program it with a different program setting for a 2 cups dose, is that possible? or keep it totally "manual" and draw for 2 cups?

I did see your pre-infusion video and it's helped me start to get decent (like what I drank in Italy) taste -

but still want to refine,

and then have fun and freedom playing around : )

I appreciate your answer and time,

Cheers,

Andrée

RE:

[quote]You can have button 2 set up with one preinfusion time and shot time, with button one having no preinfusion or a different preinfusion time and shot time. /quote]

DaveC

#4: Post by DaveC »

They are button 1 and button 2, they could equally be called bart and simpson. they don't refer to cup sizes at all.

AMO (original poster)

#5: Post by AMO (original poster) »

Thank you!

You're a star!
They are button 1 and button 2, they could equally be called bart and simpson. they don't refer to cup sizes at all.