Lelit Elizabeth pressure too high

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
alfredocalza

#1: Post by alfredocalza »

Hi, I recently got a Lelit Elizabeth Machine. I am very happy with my purchase and don't get me wrong, the shots have been great. However, I just can't get the pressure to go to 9 psi. It feels as if the machine is set at 9.7 psi of pressure and there is nothing I can do to change that. I tried grinding finer, but the flow rate gets way too fast and end up getting under extracted shots.

Any suggestions on getting the pressure down to 9 psi? I have not read the instructions yet tbh :oops:

Gargamel40

#2: Post by Gargamel40 »

Maybe the pressure in group head is a bit lower and perfectly fine? Anyone knows this?

Here's a video how to change it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8Pho2rN9DI

cafeIKE
Supporter ★

#3: Post by cafeIKE »

The machine gauge probably has a ±¼ to ½ bar error.

The gicleur accounts for about a ½ to 1 bar when the flow is running, so subtract about ¾ bar from the pressure gauge for the puck pressure. Now enjoy the coffee and fuhgeddaboudit >>>
alfredocalza wrote:the shots have been great

FWIW, blind basket gauge pressure on my Vibiemme was about 1 bar below group in 2007. Still the same today.
See Digital Pressure Adapter

alfredocalza (original poster)

#4: Post by alfredocalza (original poster) »

Great!! this is good to hear. Thank you!!
cafeIKE wrote:The machine gauge probably has a ±¼ to ½ bar error.

The gicleur accounts for about a ½ to 1 bar when the flow is running, so subtract about ¾ bar from the pressure gauge for the puck pressure. Now enjoy the coffee and fuhgeddaboudit >>>

FWIW, blind basket gauge pressure on my Vibiemme was about 1 bar below group in 2007. Still the same today.
See Digital Pressure Adapter

gobucks

#5: Post by gobucks »

i'm a newbie here, and I also am working on adjusting my pressure to 9 bar, but I'm a little confused. Specifically, I watched that video about adjusting the pressure, and I understand how to get into the machine, turn the valve, etc, but what I don't understand is which function to run in order to check the pressure afterwards. I've been checking it by just pulling a shot of espresso, but this is getting quite tedious, so I want to use the blind basket to make it easier, but the video does not clearly show which function to run. Should I hit the brew shot button, or turn on the backflush function? I am worried about damaging my machine by pressing the wrong button.

cafeIKE
Supporter ★

#6: Post by cafeIKE »

gobucks, please update your profile so we have an idea of your machine. :?
  1. If the coffee is good, the pressure is fine
  2. gauges have error, so while it may read 9, it's likely ±½bar
  3. on many home machines, there is a ¾ to 1½ bar drop between the gauge pick off point and the puck
  4. the pressure drops as the puck extracts, so if set to 9 bar for 30ml in 30s, the pressure is likely higher than 9 bar at the start and lower than 9 bar at the end
Quit worrying and enjoy the 'spro 8)